Sunday 1 July 2012

Sunday weigh-in week #7


START WEIGHT : 91.4kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 66kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 81.7kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  9.8kg
STILL TO GO : 15.6kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : +300g


Well, as I predicted last week, this week was going to be another disaster due to various meals out, homemade cake and cookery challenges on the blog plus kids at school giving me chocolate and sweets as it was their last week of term. I even decided to go the whole hog and have a burger meal instead of my usual salad on our traditional Saturday trip to McDonald's yesterday (and amazed myself by only eating a small fraction of the chips, whereas in my "former life" (ie before I started using the SlimPod and trying to shift my excess weight), I'd have eaten the whole lot and still picked on the kids' leftovers ! It's not even because I was trying to eat less, I was just totally stuffed after my burger. It also seemed totally natural that to compensate, I had a healthy salad for tea last night. That's what I love now - it's a total no-brainer and the good choices just come instinctively without me making the slightest effort. (Glances accusingly at Sandra and Trevor from @Thinkingslimmer !)


So ... given all that, I'm actually quite pleased that I only put on 300g this week. I was expecting a lot worse. After having this two-week "break" from healthy eating and Weight Watchers ProPoints tracking, I'm also really looking forward to cooking up loads of fruit and vegetable dishes and getting back into tracking the points of what I eat now.


I'm slightly disappointed that the 300g I put on this week mean I have lost just under 10kg now, but I am totally determined to have a loss next week so I'll get back over that psychological barrier for sure. 


This week's positives :


1) I've eaten whatever I want whenever I want this week - that means chocolate, McDonalds, chips, cans of Vimto, loads of Goats Cheese, homemade Orange Bundt cake, ... - and I still only put on 300g. Just goes to show that you can eat literally anything and still stay on track, as long as you're sensible about portion sizes and compensate with a healthy low-cal meal after a less healthy option. :)


2) A little of what you fancy does you good - I've been giving in to all my cravings this week but have felt no guilt whatsoever. You have to cut yourself some slack every now and again ! And now I'm really motivated to get back on track next week.


3) I now have not only a new pair of target jeans but - eek ! - a target bikini ! I have never ever worn a bikini in my life and there is a very high probability that that won't change this summer in Tunisia ! However, I did spend a large part of last year's fortnight by the pool in Turkey looking at the "robust" Russian ladies flaunting their wobbles in bikinis and thinking hmm, maybe they have the right mentality ! We'll see !!


4) I've set up some motivational weight loss badges to keep track on how I'm doing and inspire me to keep going !






Don't forget to check out how my diet buddy 7hippopotamus did this week - and if you'd like to join in with our weekly weigh-ins, just give us a shout ! :) 

Disclosure : I'm currently using a Thinking Slimmer SlimPod and a WeightWatchers Online subscription, in return for honest feedback. I also receive regular hampers of WeightWatchers products, and have also benefited from a one-month Jenny Craig trial.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :


9 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's good to have a week off and that's not a bad gain at all. Just noticed that we've both got about the same to amount to lose, it'll be interesting to see who gets there first. Looking forward to seeing how much you lose next week. Good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Race you !! ;-) Seriously though, fingers crossed next week will be a good week. I've started tracking my points again today so I'll see if that helps :)

      Delete
    2. Tracking points will definitely help, the days I go wrong are the days when I don't write down what I eat.

      Delete
  2. Well done on the amount you have lost already! I found keeping a record of measurements was really useful as it isn't abnormal to not lose any weight in the weeks where you lose cms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very good advice :) I've noticed this myself, when clothes feel looser depite the number on the scales statying the same

      Delete
  3. Firstly just wanna say a big well done for the weight loss!!It is hard but from what you'e written, it just goes to show that hard work pays off!!! Sometimes weight gain is a bit frustrating but the best thing to do is face forward. Good luck :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...