Friday 27 July 2012

Hairbond Conditioner review


When the opportunity came up to review Hairbond hair products, I jumped at the chance - they're always my favourite beauty products to review because I have such thick, untamable hair ! - but I didn't know much about the company. My first port of call was therefore their Hairbond website to find out a little bit about the company. They explain : "Hairdressing expert Scott Michaels founded Hairbond United Kingdom in 2008. He has since designed and produced a range of first class British haircare products.  Scott comments “After nearly 15 years of retailing professional products I personally became dissatisfied with imported, boring and gimmicky brands with sub standard product range. Since Hairbond has launched, we are now exporting around the world. We are also continuing to generate a cult following, as well as a huge list of celebrity fans. Our brand is not about gimmicks but giving people a quality British made alternative to their hairstyling routine".” Oooh celeb fans - I like it already !

Well, I have to say, I wasn't immediately bowled over. I thought the packaging was a bit bland, to be honest, but I suppose it does have the advantage of being unisex. The impressive-looking crest on the label does look very posh but it's not very eye-catching.

But moving swiftly on, what matters most is what's on the inside. Well, again, I wasn't particularly impressed to begin with. There's nothing wrong with it, but the conditioner is plain white and quite runny, which I was surprised about, expecting something with a bit more wow-factor.

Nevertheless, I smeared it into my freshly-washed hair with an open mind and - wow ! - breathed in an unexpectedly intoxicating fragrance. I couldn't quite define it - it reminded me of coconut and raspberries or maybe raspberry-flavoured sherbert lemons - but whatever the ingredients, it's a real feel-good scent guaranteed to put a smile on your face. (I've just looked on the website and it's vanilla pineapple so I was miles off !)

Despite being less thick and creamy than my usual conditioners and hair masks, it left my hair feeling really sleek, soft and nourished. The advantage of the slightly runnier consistency is that it's much easier to wash out and doesn't weigh hair down afterwards.

The write-up on the website says : "The Hairbond Structure Professional Hair Conditioner builds body. This great Conditioner will leave your hair looking fuller and feeling revitalised. This product has a delicious vanilla pineapple fragrance and for best results shampoo hair with Hairbond Structure Shampoo." That actually would have put me off using it because if there is one thing I definitely DON'T need, it's more body and volume ! But it didn't make my hair look like a puffball, it looked really good actually.

Don't be put off by the deceptively bland exterior. The wow-factor comes from the fabulous fragrance and the results once you've used it.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £7.99 for 200ml

for more information : http://www.hairbond.co.uk




Disclosure : I received two tubes of Hairbond Conditioner in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :



5 comments:

  1. never heard of this company before, sounds good though, great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have super-thick hair, this sounds like a lovely product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this product before, but I love trying new conditioners and would use this

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great product

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not heard of this product, like yourself I've got thick hair that will not be tamed by a normal human being (hairdresser are cheat as they know how to do it! )

    Would be great to use when coming up to a special occassion

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...