Monday 25 June 2012

Batiste Dry Shampoo review


Many years ago, when I was just starting to take an interest in make up and beauty products, I remember reading in my weekly teen mag that if you didn't have time to wash your hair, you could give it an instant clean by rubbing talc into it. Well, I tried it and ended up looking like I had grey hair, plus every time I shook my head, there was a dust cloud above my head ! I decided there and then that dry shampooing was a bad idea !

I was nevertheless intrigued to see so many people online recently singing the praises of Batiste Dry Shampoo and saying how well it works, so I was keen to give it a go when an invitation arrived for a new campaign from Bzz Agent. As usual, they sent me the product to try out, along with a Bzz guide bursting with information about the brand. I learnt that :

- Batiste is the UK's favourite dry shampoo. 

- The unique formula refreshes hair, removes excess grease and puts life back into limp locks.

- Hair looks better and smells fresher after use.

- It’s a real time saver – you can use it when you don’t have time to wash your hair, between washes or as a quick makeover for your hair before a night out.


The first thing that impressed me when I opened the Bzz kit was the variety of products available. There were three different varieties to try out and two sizes of cans but further investigation revelals that there are over ten different products available in the range, for different hair types and styles – including Original, Blush, Tropical, Fresh, Brit, Wild and new Cherry. There's XXL Volume, which is perfect for when you want loads of volume, and Light, Medium and Dark, which are specifically designed to complement different hair colours. There are also three different sizes – one for your handbag (50ml), one for your dressing table (200ml) and one for your bathroom cabinet (extra value 400ml). With that amount of choice, you're bound to find a product to suit your needs.

I was also impressed with the price - they usually retail at £1.52 for 50ml, £2.99 for 200ml and £4.99 for 400ml, although those with extra colour and volume may cost about a pound more. Compared to other shampoos and styling products, that's not bad at all.

But the most important thing is, does it really work? Well, last night, I had been out with the girls in the wind and drizzle and my hair had dried in a mess and just looked and felt grungy. I was about to have a shower so that I could wash my hair, so I decided it would be the ideal moment to try out the Batiste, so that I could wash it out if it looked or felt horrible. Well, it made my hair feel so refreshed and clean and easy to style that I didn't bother washing my hair in the end !

It sprays on like hairspray and, although it does deposit a very fine talc-like substance on your hair, that totally disappears once you massage it into your hair and brush it through. You're just left with light, manageable, pleasantly-fragranced hair with no white or dusty residue. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works. I went back downstairs and asked straight-talking 10-year-old Sophie what she thought of my hair and she said "it looks better, have you washed it ? Oh no, it's dry. What have you done to it ? It smells really nice" ! Perfect response !

When I enthusiastically told my mum about the product, her reaction was : "What's the point ? Why don't you just wash your hair". But as I pointed out, she's a SAHM so she can rush off and wash her hair whenever it's needed. If I'm having a bad hair morning before work, or my hair is feeling lank before a night out, or I don't want to go out in winter with wet hair, the Batiste dry shampoo will be absolutely perfect.

I was very dubious before I tried it but having used it, I'm now a convert.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.52 for 50ml, £2.99 for 200ml and £4.99 for 400ml

for more information : http://batistehair.co.uk/

Disclosure : I received a bzz kit containing a product to review plus samples and vouchers to hand out to my friends, in order to spread the word honestly about the brand.




Other reviews you may be interested in :

 

10 comments:

  1. it dubious about this too i have to admit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trialling this through Bzzagent too. I am still not sure on it, I think its because my hair is so so fine. Its still really hard to manage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it could be then. I have really thick hair. I did notice the other day that your hairbrush gets covered in white residue so needs washing regularly !

      Delete
  3. I tried Dry Shampoo a while ago now and wasn't impressed at all. I just found that it left a sticky white residue in my hair that looked a bit like dandruff! However, my mum swears by this stuff so maybe it's worth another try?

    Batiste's packaging is always nice. I like the one with cherries on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you've sprayed it on, you need to massage it in to your hair before brushing it so that you don't get the residue. I can see a bit of talc-like residue after spraying but not after rubbing and brushing my hair.

      Delete
  4. My sister gave me some of this after I had my son.It was a lifesaver when I had an unexpected visitor as they would think I was so organised as my hair looke clean and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done the talc on hair thing as well although I think I got away with it as I'm blonde!

    I've never tried a proper dry shampoo but I will consider it especially if my life becomes more hectic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried Batiste Dry Shampoo for the first time this year and wouldn't be without it now. So handy for those days when you've missed a wash and need a quick pick me up. Really hate the talc like powder it leaves though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just don't think I could go without washing my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. I've never heard of this. Sounds fantastic, but my hair is very fine too. I might give it a go though as we're off camping in a few weeks, the perfect opportunity to give it a try out.
    @mumoffunkids

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...