When Prezzybox got in touch to ask if we'd like to review a couple of their Father's Day gifts, I didn't hesitate for a second. Madhouse Daddy Mike's birthday is in the same week as Father's Day so, with three kids too young to buy their own presents, I'm always in need of a helping hand to find enough gift ideas ! And Prezzybox certainly aren't short of them !
The first gift that they sent us was this stylish "First Class Dad" mug, featuring a First Class stamp. With everyone still in high spirits after the 4-day Jubilee weekend extravaganza, anything with the Queen on is bang on trend, so this really covers all bases. The chunky porcelain mug (it's not one of those wafer-thin ones that make you think the handle is going to fall off with the weight of a cup of tea !) is dishwasher safe, which is great news for Mum too !
The second gift idea they came up with is one that will be as much for the kids as dad (if not more so, and the chances are, he won't thank you for it straight away, when he realises he'll have to put in some work !). It's a lovely concept and will turn into a family keepsake to be cherished in years to come and maybe even handed down through the generations.
The "Dear Dad" From Me To You Journal of a Lifetime is a book that asks lots of questions about your dad's earliest memories, with space for him to write in his answers, leaving a fascinating piece of family memorabilia. In total, there are about sixty questions, including :
- What are your earliest memories?
- Please detail what you know of our family tree
- What do you remember about your holidays as a child?
- What was the first piece of music that you bought?
- How did you meet my mother?
- What did you think when you first saw me after I was born?
- What were you most proud of about me when I was at school?
- Tell me about the jobs you have had
- Is there anything you would like to change about me?
- Tell me about the things that make you laugh
- What have you found most difficult in your life?
- Tell me something you think I won’t know about you
There is also plenty of space left for Dad to add photos, write extra notes or stick in recipes, keepsakes, drawings or anything else you can think of. The 120-paged journals are hard-backed and have a ribbon book-mark inside.
So have you bought your Father's Day gifts yet ? If you have any other ideas, I'm still on the lookout for a few more bits and bobs so share your ideas - I need inspiration !
star rating : 4/5
RRP : £8.95 for the mug, £11.95 for the journal
for more information : http://www.prezzybox.com/first-class-dad-porcelain-mug.aspx and http://www.prezzybox.com/dear-dad-from-you-to-me-book.aspx
Disclosure : I received the two products detailed above in order to write honest reviews.
Other reviews you may be interested in :