Any parent will know that all kids go through a "why?" phase, asking an incredible number of disconcerting questions at lightning speed which will leave your head spinning faster than the girl on The Exorcist. I always used to pride myself on giving an answer to every single question that the kids asked but at times, I was so tempted to scream "Just because" or "I don't know, I've never even thought about it" ! Pierre has yet to hit the dreaded why phase though so for now, the why's are coming from me !
1. Why do some spammers spend literally hours trawling through my blog posting a pseudo-English message with a link to their site on EVERY SINGLE blogpost when Blogger picks them up and puts them immediately in my spam folder so they don't get published anyway ?
2. Why do we have a hosepipe ban when we've just had flooding and torrential rain and they declared the summer will be a wash-out ?
3. Why do people think it so strange that Kate Middleton wears a dress more than once ?
4. Why do kids always play with the packaging when they're offered an expensive gift ?
5. Why is it always the things that taste lovely that have the highest number of calories ?
6. Why will kids eat bogies and extremely sour sweets but turn their noses up at vegetables ?
7. Why are people (including me) so scared of spiders when they're so tiny ?
8. Why are the train carriages on the Channel Tunnel so ugly ? Surely a lick of paint wouldn't have cost much. Or they could even use the outside of the wagons as advertising space.
9. Why do the really interesting TV programmes always start at bedtime ?
10. Why do kids have trouble dragging themselves out of bed during the week but get up at the crack of dawn at the weekend ?
OK, time to tag a few more people, but before I do, here are the rules :
- Post your whys – as few or as many as you like.
- Link up your post to Mummy Central, and it would be great if you could leave a comment too.
- Tag 5 bloggers to keep this going.
- If you’re not a blogger, leave your whys as a comment below. I'd love to read them.
- Show your support by reading a few others and commenting on them.
Thanks to Sam & her two little girls for tagging me.
And I'll pass this over to :
Other blogposts you may be interested in :