Thursday 2 July 2015

Astonish cleaning products review


Astonish recently sent a selection of their products over for us to put through their paces. It was a brand that I'd never heard of so I was keen to see what we'd think. They got instant brownie points for the leaping bunny and Vegan society logos on the packaging which prove that they are all cruelty free, have not been tested on animals and contain no animal ingredients or derivatives.


I started off with the Kitchen Cleaner and was surprised when Pierre came to ask if he could help !


A quick spray, a quick wipe  and that was all that was needed.


It managed to cut through gravy drips, spilt orange juice and a streak of butter with no effort whatsoever.


"Look at me Mum, I am a superhero and I have super cleaning powers" !


While Pierre cleaned the table, I tackled a tougher job - the hob, that was covered in dried on cooking splashes and grease. The Oven & Cookware Cleaner was a bit of a surprise when I peeled the lid off the tub because it is a thick paste.


Despite the name, it can be used on anything from enamel, porcelain, ovens, patio furniture, pans, glass stoves, baths, tiles, sinks, chrome and metal. You scrape some out, rub it in with a scouring pad (depending on the surface) then rinse off.


I wasn't convinced it would work so I was stunned when I rinsed it off and wiped it down with a clean tea towel. I have never seen my hob this clean - it even got rid of a brown streak of cooked-on grease that has been there since we moved in over ten years ago ! I'll be using this all over the house on all the stubborn streaks and stains to see what else it can get sparkling clean. I wonder what it's like on limescale? I'll give it a go in the shower cubicle next !


It's amazing how a little victory can inspire you to keep going. I decided to break open the Window & Glass Cleaner to see how it worked on the windows and mirrors around the house.


I had some grimy streaks on the upstairs windows that were ruining the view of the bright blue sky. Just a quick spray and a quick wipe was all that was needed to get the glass clean. There were a few streaks but nothing that didn't disappear with a bit of elbow grease.


The girls had had fun writing 1D in my dusty mirror so that was the next thing to go !


I'd also noticed that the white PVC trim on the windows had started to look very grimy in places and my usual multi-purpose cleaner didn't do much to shift it.


The girls soon got in on the cleaning and within no time, the windows were sparkling inside and out.


The window frames weren't perfect but were definitely much cleaner than before we'd started. I'll use a bit of the Oven & Cookware Cleaner to get rid of the final stubborn stains.

I've still got three more products to try out - the Bathroom Cleaner (which promises to remove limescale, soap scum and stains in just two minutes from chrome fittings, taps and shower heads), Lime & Bergamot Floor Cleaner (which lifts dirt and grime and has a unique dirt repelling formula to protect from further staining) and Mould & Mildew Remover (to kill spores and prevent regrowth).

I've been really impressed, in particular with the paste which is unlike anything I have ever used before and that gets really good results with very little effort. I wasn't expecting to be astonished by some simple cleaning products, but I really was !

star rating : 4.5/5

for more information : http://astonishcleaners.com/

Disclosure : We received the products in order to write an honest review.

Family Fever

7 comments:

  1. yeah, yeah... "The girls had fun witing 1D" erm.. wich girls are we talking about ?! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was probably one of you !! :p

      Delete
    2. well I didn't write it, that's for sure !! :P
      I wonder who it is then... we'll have to call a detective.. detective Sophie is coming ! :P

      Delete
  2. Love the sound of the cookware cleaner - the thick paste clearly works! Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  3. Astonish products are very good indeed! I know of a Hungarian couple who stock up on Astonish products when they visit the UK to take back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Astonish products are very good indeed! I know of a Hungarian couple who stock up on Astonish products when they visit the UK to take back home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is such a fun and relatable read! I love how you incorporate family life and product reviews. Your latest post about Astonish cleaning products was not only informative, but also had me laughing at your comment about the girls having fun with 1D. Keep up the great work! All cleaning tools

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...