Wednesday 1 July 2015

If you can't stand the heat, get down to Costa Coffee ! (review)


With temperatures soaring at the moment, you probably wouldn't instantly think of Costa Coffee as the best place to go to cool down, but when they sent over news of their new summer range, including Costa Coolers, it made me have a rethink. And that was before I even laid eyes on their delicious array of summer-themed desserts !

Summer is traditionally the time for weddings but forget something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue because Costa have given it a delicious tweak.


Starting with Something Shaken. James Bond, as the epitome of coolness, declared that drinks should be "shaken not stirred" and Costa have taken this to heart ! You can now enjoy your favourite coffee shaken over ice, with the choice including Iced Latte, Iced Cappuccino, Iced Americano, Iced Espresso, Iced Cortado and Iced Mocha.


I'm not a coffee fan so I skipped straight to the next section, Something Sweet. Just scanning through the list, my mouth started watering ! You can choose Creamy Coolers in loads of flavours that all sound delicious : Mango, Mint Choc Chip, Belgian Chocolate, Raspberry & White Chocolate, Strawberries & Cream, ...


 My favourites are the Fruit Coolers though, with flavours perfectly blended to epitomise lazy summer days : Green Tea, Lime & Mint (slightly reminiscent of mojitos), Watermelon & Strawberry (my favourite), Blackcurrant & Raspberry, Mango & Passion Fruit, Tropical ...


The creamy cooler is more of a dessert than a drink really but it's utterly delicious and really refreshing when you're feeling too hot. The Mint Choc Chip one (on the right) tastes just like ice cream, minus the cone ! The Tropical Cooler on the left is a lighter but equally refreshing and tasty option.


Costa have also overhauled their food menu with lovely summery options to go with your cool drinks. They have even incorporated some new gluten free options and a low calorie "little treat" range into the menu.


Their Toasted Focaccia Flatbread Sandwiches are beautifully fresh and perfect for urban picnics - they come in Italian Salami & Mozzarella or Smoked Ham & Roasted Mushroom. Both are really satisfying and I think it's a shame these aren't made into a permanent fixture on the menu all year round.

I could have eaten my way through the dessert menu if I hadn't run out of credit on my giftcard (and room in my tummy !). Just have a look at these though :


Caramel Crisp


Eton Mess Tray Bake


Cookies & Cream Muffins 

Words are not needed !

Baristas at Costa will apparently be spending 2000 hours this summer shaking up iced drinks. I wonder how many of them will be for me !

Disclosure : I received a gift voucher in order to try out the new summer range and write an honest review.

8 comments:

  1. I had no idea they had such a selection of cakes and pastries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither did I the first time we went - they have loads of choice and it's all rather yum ! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm such a Belgian Chocolate Creamy Cooler ADDICT! The amount of money I've spent on them is silly - though I did prefer the Double Chocolate Creamy Cooler they used to do. The Eton Mess traybake looks seriously tasty too!

    Helen x

    http://treasureeverymoment01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that one yet - I thought it sounded maybe just a bit TOO rich?

      Delete
  3. oh wow I have so got to try one of these x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter and I went to costa today (we were celebrating her finishing her GCSEs), it's not somewhere I'd been before as I thought it was just coffee and I don't drink it. But we had a lovely time and were very impressed on all the lovely cold drinks they had, which were perfect for cooling down with on this extra hot day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, I don't like coffee so for a long time, I didn't bother going - congratulations to your daughter on finishing her GCSEs :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...