Thursday 2 July 2015

#KitchenClearout June round-up and July's linkie


June was a bit of a blur so I didn't get to do any Kitchen Clearing-out at all much ... until the last week when I had a good declutter that I'm hoping to carry on into July, when I'll be on holiday - yay ! So what did we manage to use up this month?


The lovely Chris from Cooking Around The World started us off with his gorgeous-looking Gammon and Baked Beans Casserole. I could eat that right now and it's only breakfast time !


Cheesy Mince Hotpot, a nice twist on Cottage Pie (but probably better suited to colder weather) was perfect for using up leftover gravy (we don't throw anything away in our house !) and clearing out the veg compartment of the fridge.


Chicken Choyla, a Nepalese (or should that be Nepali?) dish inspired by a meal mentioned in The Last Exile by E.V. Seymour. It was perfect for clearing out the spice rack and getting through my stash of Knorr Flavour Pots.


Quick Midweek Noodles was a quick but tasty meal using a pack of So Stir Fry Noodles from a recent Degustabox as well as some odds and ends from the fridge - the end of a chorizo, a slightly manky leek and some leftover cooked chicken.


Another Degustabox leftover was this sachet of Maggi So Juicy Oriental Soy & Garlic Chicken which had been loitering in the back of the cupboard for far too long !


No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies - a great way off finishing off a jar of peanut butter and getting rid of some of my huge stash of porridge oats that I won several months ago and that I'm still working my way through  ! They're lovely straight from the fridge during the hot weather.

Fancy joining in? Here's this month's linkie ... You can link up as many posts as you like, old or new - just add my badge to your blogpost somewhere please and add a link to the monthly linkie post (that's this one for this month).








2 comments:

  1. Lovely recipes, and lots of ideas on what to do with those products that are loitering in the pantry. just added my chickpea and tomato salad to the new linky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh sounds lovely, I'll go and have a look right now :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...