Tuesday 10 May 2011

New Organix Mighty Meals review


Now that he's coming up to his second birthday (I can't believe he'll be 2 in June - where does the time go ?!), Pierre tends to turn his nose up at baby food and wants to eat the same as the rest of the family. I was nevertheless keen to see what he would think of the Organix Mighty Meal that we were lucky enough to receive to try out. The new range of grown-up baby food from Organix is aimed at toddlers aged 1-3 and, as you can see, looks like real homemade food with big pieces of pasta and chunks of recognisable vegetables.



As you can see, Pierre was instantly intrigued and soon started dipping his spoon in and giving it a taste. Judging by the "mmmmmm" noises he made every time he put the spoon in his mouth, he was enjoying it ! I had a taste and found it too bland but that's a good thing for baby/toddler food as it means there's no added salt.


But what I love about Organix is their "No junk" promise, which means that nothing unnecessary is added at all - no additives, colourings, sugar, salt. It's as close to home-cooked food as you'll get in shop-bought baby food and is a great way of avoiding the guilt you sometimes feel when dishing up instant baby food after a long day at work.


Pierre tried out the Tomatoey Beef Bolgnese, which - although he loved it - I have to admit is probably the one I'd be least likely to buy because it's so quick to knock up pasta from scratch. The other varieties really appeal to me though - Spinach Falafels, Hearty Lamb Hotpot, Pork Meatballs and Creamy Chicken Pasta - and I'll certainly try them out as they're perfect for days I'm in a rush or if we're out and about.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.99

for more information : http://www.organix.com/mightymeals

Other reviews you may be interested in :


2 comments:

  1. I will try Spinach Falafels, sounds different from other recipes, quite curious to see if my daughter is going to like it. Although I will do in a few months, she's only 7 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great for my toddler - we are off on holiday in June to a beach house on the south coast and I need some sort of ready meal for her that's quick after a day on the beach and then cook something more sophisticated (but easy) for the the adults to eat later.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...