Sunday 22 January 2012

Challenge Yourself To A Healthier You And Take The Mushroom Challenge

I haven't tried this but it caught my eye so I thought I'd share it with you. An 80g serving of raw mushrooms has just 0.4g fat and counts as one of the UK Government’s recommended ‘5-a-day’ quota so it's definitely worth checking out the recipes. I didn't know that mushrooms are a source of B-vitamins, minerals, folic acid and pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) too, so I'll definitely keep throwing a handful into my spag bol, curries, stir fries and omelettes. I already did it for the taste but if they're packed full of nutrients too, that's even better news !

*******************************************************************



The Mushroom Bureau has teamed up with leading nutritionist Amanda Hamilton to produce a 14 day healthy eating plan, which highlights the many benefits of incorporating mushrooms in your diet.
The ‘2 Week Mushroom Challenge’ encourages consumers to try out some if not all of the delicious and simple recipes, which suit every palate. The challenge works on the basis that by having a mushroom based meal for either your lunch or evening meal each day, you can reveal a healthier, more energized you.

Amanda said: “Mushrooms are one of the most versatile vegetables you can buy, low in fat and calories they are excellent for maintaining healthy skin, teeth and bones and are a great alternative protein source for vegetarians.

“We often forget that our most commonplace ingredients are sometimes the best. Ideally vegetables should make up half of the dinner plate to help us achieve a healthy and well balanced diet.”

The plan shows how the versatile vegetable can compliment most dishes, and explains the variety of mushrooms available – such as White, Chestnut, Portobello, Shiitake and Enoki Mushrooms –and provides a selection of insider cooking tips.

The plan also includes invaluable nutritional advice and healthy living and eating tips from Amanda, which will help consumers maintain a healthy diet and understand how to create a raft of delicious and nutritious meals for all to enjoy.

Download the plan from http://www.moretomushrooms.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/twoweek.pdf and try the 2 week mushroom challenge. A healthier and new you awaits!

Other blogposts you may be interested in :



7 comments:

  1. I love mushrooms and throw them in everything, its good to know they are good for you as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh yummy yummy, I am addicted to food with mushrooms in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love mushrooms, if only my kids did! I would have happily taken up this challenge! Have you seen the breakfast challenge which is called 'Wake and Shake' or something like that? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shake Up Your Wake Up - yes, we're doing that one : http://madhousefamilyreviews.blogspot.com/2012/01/are-you-taking-breakfast-challenge-next.html I'll tell you how we got on at the end of the week !

      Delete
  4. I love mushrooms : who knew! :)

    @hannahmdy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that's the kind of challenge I could get into! I love mushrooms. They are delicious and I try to include them in as many meals as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mushrooms and never knew they were so good for you! Fab post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...