I personally know three women - two work colleagues and one of Sophie's friend's mums - who have lived through the trauma of being diagnosed with breast cancer, undergoing treatment and getting the all clear, all within the past couple of years. That's a scary statistic and really brings it home to you. This is therefore definitely a great cause to support, so if you're a bingo-lover - or even if you're not ! - you might want to check it out. This is also a timely reminder to follow the TLC (Touch, Look, Check) advice as it could save your life. Go on, go and have a grope right now !!
BINGO-ING BEAUTIES, KATE THORNTON AND TAMZIN OUTHWAITE, HELP CHARITY BEAT BREAST CANCER Stars support partnership between online bingo site Pink Ribbon Bingo and Breakthrough Breast Cancer
TV presenter Kate Thornton and ex-Eastenders and West End star, Tamzin Outhwaite, are supporting the UK’s first online bingo site to be affiliated with a national charity; the groundbreaking Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
Pink Ribbon Bingo has been working with Breakthrough Breast Cancer since October 2010 and has seen Breakthrough make some tremendous progress. Kate and Tamzin’s support comes along with the news that the partnership will now also be supported and hosted by the www.dailymail.co.uk which could result in a huge spike in fundraising for the charity’s life saving work.
Pink Ribbon Bingo will be supporting Breakthrough Breast Cancer all year round with 15% of the gross revenue accrued through online play on the site being donated to the charity. Visitors also have the opportunity to donate a percentage of their winnings directly to the charity. Along with the fundraising element, Pink Ribbon Bingo and the Daily Mail online will be helping the charity to raise awareness by promoting their vital health messages such as TLC (Touch, Look, Check).
Tamzin Outhwaite says, “As a busy working mum, I find it difficult to get a moment to myself, let alone fundraise for a really important cause like Breast Cancer. Pink Ribbon Bingo allows me not only to have a quick ‘time out’ in my day, it also helps me raise money in a fun and simple way.
“15 pence out of every pound goes to fund Breakthrough Breast Cancer, helping them to support the 48,000 women, 300 men and their families who are diagnosed with the disease every year.”
Kate Thornton continues, “In the UK, one woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every 11 minutes – a statistic that we can change. We’re already well on the way to beating this disease for good; as a direct result of Breakthrough Breast Cancer’s work, fewer women die of breast cancer than 15 years ago. Just imagine where we could be in another 15 years time!
“Playing Pink Ribbon Bingo is easy – all you need to do is visit http://www.pinkribbonbingo.com/ and register to start playing today! People can enjoy playing, knowing that whether they win or loose, Breakthrough will benefit.”
About breast cancer:
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in the UK – nearly 48,000 women and around 300 men are diagnosed every year.
- Breast cancer accounts for nearly 1 in 3 of all female cancers and one in eight women in the UK will develop breast cancer at some point in their lifetime.
- Around 1,000 women die of breast cancer every month in the UK.
- The good news is that more women than ever in the UK are surviving breast cancer thanks to better awareness, better treatments and better screening.
About Breakthrough Breast Cancer:
- Our vision is a future free from the fear of breast cancer.
- Breakthrough Breast Cancer is dedicated to improving and saving lives through finding the causes of breast cancer, enabling early detection, ensuring precise diagnosis, discovering new and better treatments and improving medical services.
- We fund ground breaking research, campaign for better services and treatments and raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of breast cancer. Through this work the charity believes passionately that breast cancer can be beaten and the fear of the disease removed for good.
Other blogposts you may be interested in :