Monday 2 January 2012

Regis Salon Blogger Gift Set review



A couple of months ago, I told you about a special blogger campaign from Regis Hair Salons where they gave a few of us bloggers the chance to make a special exclusive announcement on our blogs, before it became public knowledge, about who would be the new celebrity face of Regis. In that blogpost (here), I revealed that it would be ... ta-da ...  Emma Willis and also told you about their Facebook competition (at https://www.facebook.com/RegisUK) where you could win a Canon camera or a cut and colour worth £100. Today is the last day to enter your photo though (you've got until midnight), so hurry up if you haven't taken part yet, then the public voting kicks off on the 4th January.



But as well as this, they offered to send me off to my local Regis salon for a cut and colour worth £100. Sadly, with our busy Christmas schedule (and theirs !), I didn't manage to find a time to go and get my hair done so I passed over this part of the reviewing to the lovely Alison at Dragons & Fairy Dust. She blogged all about her experiences at her local Regis salon and showed off her lovely new look on her blogpost here. I'll give you a sneaky peek here too - I'm sure you'll agree, she looks gorgeous !

But Regis Salons' generosity didn't stop there, because they also sent me through a special blogger gift set containing some of their best-selling products, namely :

Designline Colour Care Shampoo
Designline Colour Care Conditioner
Designline Fiji Therapy Styling Oil 
Designline Powder Boost

I've just taken the Designline Colour Care Shampoo and Conditioner into the shower with me and I have to say, I'm impressed. They have that undefinable "posh hair care products" smell that all top end salon-bought hair products seem to have. The shampoo seemed really gentle but left my hair feeling deeply cleaned and the conditioner felt very light, despite leaving my hair feeling sleek and shiny.

The instructions for the Styling Oil say : "Just apply sparingly through wet hair to hydrate, heal and protect while adding shine". I did this after washing and conditioning my hair and could instantly see my hair looking hydrated and deep-treated while not feeling greasy, which I was a bit worried about. I left my hair to dry naturally and I'm sure the styling oil helped to stop it going frizzy, but I think this would really come into its own as protection if you blow dry and straighten your hair regularly.

The instructions for the Powder Boost say : "Tap a small about over the root area and massage with fingertips for instant volume and texture. Careful – a little goes a long way!" Now, this is one product that I am staying well away from as I already have incredibly thick, voluminous hair ! I'll pass it on to my mum but judging by the other products, I have no doubt this works really well too.

I've been really impressed with the Regis products and Ali's account of her appointment at the salon. With 153 hair salons across the UK, there's bound to be a Regis near you. You can find your local salon here: www.regissalons.co.uk/SalonLocator

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful bagful! I'm going to find one near me NOW! My hair needs some loving attention.
    @mumoffunkids

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...