Monday 2 January 2012

Kent & Fraser Stilton & Walnut Savoury Biscuits review


When we received a packet of Kent & Fraser Stilton & Walnut Savoury Biscuits to review, I wasn't sure I'd like them. I don't like stilton and I'm not a huge fan of walnuts so the odds of me raving about them were not looking good. I decided to bring them out as part of our New Year's Eve buffet and pondered whether or not they'd need a topping or dip, maybe some extra cheese or pickle or something. You can see them right at the front of our spread in this photo in fact !



As an intrepid reviewer, I was determined to give them a fair trial and bit into one to see what they tasted like and what would go well with them. Mmmm. They are really crumbly and buttery and taste really cheesy with a rich taste that makes them perfect on their own, needing nothing at all to bring out the flavour.

I popped the packet on the table along with the other nibbles in the buffet but these would also make a perfect accompaniment for a cheese board or even as a snack in front of the TV.

Having tasted them, I'm not at all surprised to see that they won a Great Taste awad in 2009 and that Virgin Airlines have specially selected them to serve as part of their exclusive Upper Class offer. Fabulous news for anyone who needs a free-from diet is that you can enjoy them too because they contain no eggs, soya, wheat or gluten. Be warned though, 100g (that's admittedly a whole boxful) contains 554 calories and 39.6g of fat (of which 18.7g saturated).

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £2.65 for 100g


Other reviews you may be interested in :

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like savoury biscuits especially cheese so these look good to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would definately love these, they sound fab! The calories are quite scary though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...