Wednesday 24 February 2016

Madhouse recipe : 10-minute Chicken & Sweetcorn Fried Rice


You know those days when you get home from work with zero energy but still need to get something on the table before the kids start eating it ! Well, this dish is perfect - it used up the leftovers from the roast chicken from Sunday, as well as some leftover cooked rice that was in the fridge.

10-minute Chicken & Sweetcorn Fried Rice


ingredients :

leftover roast chicken (& any cooked veggies)
leftover cooked rice
drizzle of olive oil
2 onions
4 mushrooms
tin of sweetcorn
a few tbsp Chinese Fried Rice Sauce

Heat the oil in a large pan or wok. Toss in the sliced onions and mushrooms and stir fry for a few minutes until cooked through. Add the chicken and rice. (If you haven't got any leftover cooked rice, you can use a sachet of microwavable rice.) Add the fried rice sauce and sweetcorn. Heat through, stirring constantly, for a few minutes. Turn off the heat and leave to sit there for a few minutes before giving it a final stir. Any bits of rice stuck to the bottom will soak up the sauce and lift off the pan.


Linking up with the #KitchenClearout linky because it used up all the leftovers in the fridge.

7 comments:

  1. Ohh! I think I will have to try this. It would be perfect for the next day after a roast dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this too and kids like and nice and easy. My mum always said to cook the rice the day before you make :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do this too and kids like and nice and easy. My mum always said to cook the rice the day before you make :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I cook rice, I make sure there is enough for leftovers the next day :)

      Delete
  4. How have I never heard of "Chinese fried rice sauce"?? I've tried several recipes for fried rice but it never tastes right, maybe that's why! Might have to go to the supermarket now and look :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of it either until Wing Yip sent me some to review last week - it gives it that really authentic Chinese takeaway flavour :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...