Monday 8 February 2016

That's Valentine's Day dessert sorted ! (Häagen-Dazs review)


The lovely people at Häagen-Dazs recently got in touch to ask if we'd like to sample their Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream, as the perfect indulgent dessert for Valentine's Day. Well what kind of a question was that? Of couse we did ! I had two vouchers so I picked up a tub of my favourite Macadamia Nut Brittle too - double yum !


The picture of cheesecake on the lid had me salivating but would the ice cream version live up to my expectations? The advertising blurb promises "crunchy biscuit pieces and lavish swirls of sweet strawberry sauce combined with our delectably rich cheesecake ice cream. Pure indulgence in a pint."


The worst thing (in fact, the only bad thing) about eating Häagen-Dazs ice cream is that you have to wait for a few minutes for it to start going soft and melty. Someone once told me that you can give it a quick blast in the microwave for the same effect but I'm always worried I'll leave it in too long and end up with a pint of milk ! Anyway, patience is a virtue ... and the ice ceam was definitely worth the wait. You do really get the cheesecake effect, both in taste and texture. Utterly divine.

If you want some extra Brownie points on Valentine's Day (or you suddenly realised on your way home from work what the date is !), pop into your local supermarket and grab a tub of this ! It's not even as catastrophic as I expected in terms of blowing the New Year diet out of the window - 262 calories and 14.4g of fat for 100g. Totally worth it !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £4.45 for 500ml (but currently half price at Tesco - get in there !)

Disclosure : I received some vouchers for the product in order to write an honest review.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...