Sunday 21 February 2016

Sunday weigh-in : Special occasions

Don't save something for a special occasion. Every day of your life is a special occasion.
photo credit : lovequotes.symphonyoflove.net/category/t/thomas-s-monson

I've been doing really well for the past few weeks but this week, I didn't so much fall off the wagon as jump off with gay abandon ! It was Juliette's birthday which meant a meal out at an American restaurant - jambalaya was a fairly healthy choice but the gooey chocolate birthday cake for dessert certainly wasn't ! Nor was the birthday cake with the grandparents the next day. And nor was the kid food (chicken nuggets and chips, pizza) requested when I said Sophie could choose the menu when her friend came for a sleepover. 

I planned to balance things out with long walks and a couple of runs but, even as I debated possibly going out in the drizzly rain, it turned to hail, gale force winds and even snow, turning the fields and parks into muddy bogs and the pavements into icy patches. That was the end of that idea then, so we turned to baking and watching DVDs with a bowl of popcorn instead !

But, although this was obviously going to be a bad week in terms of weightloss, it was actually a really good week with the kids and, in years to come, it will be the fun times that I remember, not the numbers on the scale.

Last week the scales said 87.2kg - this week was 88.2kg. Ah well, I'm OK with that because this week we had a ball. Next week, I'm going to work my way through the SlimFast bars and shakes that I won at Christmas so hopefully that will shift the rogue kilo and get me back on track !

Positives of the week

- Weightloss took a back seat but I have no regrets - quality time with the kids was just as important.

- I'm now keen to get back on track - I sometimes think a little break does wonders for motivation

Current targets 

Last week's target : Get into the 86's. Get in another run (wii fit or outdoor) and a big walk. Fit in loads of fruit, veg and salads. Listen to the slimpod. (TOTAL FAIL !)


This week's targets : Get rid of the kilo I put back on. Slimfast shakes/bars for lunch and breakfast.

Short-term targets 

(1) get back into the 80's
(2) get my "lbs lost" back into double figures
(3)  get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's
 (4)  get back to 87kg, my pre-holiday weight   
(5) get my "kg lost" badge back into double figures 
(6) get my "weight loss" badge higher than my "still to go" badge
(7) get back into my (smallest) bright blue jeans comfortably
(8) get back to 77kg - my lowest weight since my pregnancies

Longer-term targets :  Hit my target weight of 70kg.

START WEIGHT :93.7kg (BMI 34.8)
TARGET WEIGHT : 70kg (BMI 26)
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 87.8kg (BMI 32.6)
WEIGHT TODAY : 88.2kg (BMI 32.8)
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  5.5kg
STILL TO GO : 18.1kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : +1kg

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)










get the InLinkz code




Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods



Hijacked By Twins

8 comments:

  1. Great attitude! And so glad you & the kids all had a great time celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having no regrets is fantastic - it shows you are in a healthy place! Wipe last week off as one of those weeks you needed and crack on. I have done the same - totally enjoyed my childfree week off but now I need to crack on again! Gah! Hope you are having a fab week love! Thank you for linking up with #WeightLossWednesday Sim xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely a glass half full kinda girl - it takes a lot to get me down ! :)

      Delete
  3. Well done you for going with the flow and celebrating life worth living rather than letting it get you down - wishing you success this week when you try hard :) Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - hope you've had a good week. Heading over to read your post now xx

      Delete
  4. Great way to look at things. The last couple of weeks have seen birthdays, meals out and wine which has meant no weight loss, but good times which we all need. Hope you have a good week and thank you for sharing with #Slimmerseeker x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most important thing is to have a routine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...