Wednesday 10 February 2016

#readcookeat recipe : Sissy's Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookies (Match Me If You Can)


Having just finished reading Michele Gorman's Match Me If You Can, I was delighted to discover that there are some recipes at the back of the book. Some authors make it so easy joining in with the #readcookeat challenge !


I chose to recreate Sissy's Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookies. The recipe in the book is adapted from Tollhouse and I gave it my own twist too.


Instead of using just choc chips, I used up the end of a bar of dark chocolate and also the end of a pack of gooey, chewy sesame honey snaps. Double yum !

Sissy's Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookies


ingredients :

2 & 1/4 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda (I used 1tsp baking powder and 1tsp bicarb)
1tsp salt
1 cup butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup chopped nuts (I used sesame snaps instead)


Combine the flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt in a bowl.


Whip up the butter in a separate bowl.


Add the granulated and brown sugar, and the vanilla.


Mix in the eggs.


Add the chocolate chips and nuts/sesame snaps.


Give it all a final mix. Fight off the kids who are already trying to eat it.


Dollop teaspoon sized balls on foil covered baking sheets.


Bake at 180° for 10-12 minutes.


I bet the tin won't stay full for long - they're totally moreish !


Joining in with the #readcookeat challenge at Chez Maximka.


Also linking up with #KitchenClearout because it used up my plain chocolate and sesame snaps.

5 comments:

  1. Aww look at Pierre's happy face! I'd love to tuck in too, those cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great improvisation! They look yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a book that did this too, so handy, Got to write it up yet. The cookies look lovely

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...