Sunday 31 July 2016

#MySundayphoto #SundaySnap 31/7/16


While the kids went paddling in the sea on a recent trip to the beach, I had fun taking photos of the seagulls - this is my favourite action shot because you get all the different poses : standing on the sand, taking off and landing.


The one on the left looked like it had been fighting with its cronies and was sporting a black eye !


Incoming seagull at 10 paces !



There were so many that at times, it looked like a scene out of Hitchcok's The Birds.


All they were interested in was people's picnics though.


Having been brought up in a seaside town, I've always known that seagulls circling in the sky is a sign that a storm is on the way - looking at the sky here, I think they must be right.


Sunday SnapOneDad3Girls


11 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos! They are beautiful but they do scare me especially when they see you are eating. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, I'm not keen when there's a lot of them !

      Delete
  2. I'm sure they're getting bigger and bigger

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, looks like a great day, but seagulls can be really annoying sometimes! Clio lending a helping hand for Coombe Mill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - they're always ripping open bin bags and emptying the bins !

      Delete
  4. Great pics, although I got attacked by a seagull in St Ives so not too seen on them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your seagulls! We went to a little restaurant on the beach and there was a sign on the door stating that you should take care with food because they WILL steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too many gulls for my liking! Great shot of the three gulls in the different poses. The one with a black eye certainly looks like it has been given a whack!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...