Friday 15 July 2016

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 15/7



Last week's menu plan was all about clearing out the ingredients - mainly sachets and jars of cooking sauces - that had been lurking in the kitchen cupboards for ages, and it was very successful. I can finally see the back of the cupboards again ! This week's meal plan is all about working through some of the bookmarked recipes that I have on a list that just seems to keep on growing. If all goes to plan, it will be a round-the-world trip without leaving the confines of my kitchen !

Saturday 

lunch - probably McDonalds, as it's a bit of a tradition now (and it gives me a day off cooking !) - although we might go somewhere more exciting for Pierre's birthday (which is on Sunday)

dinner - lime butter salmon with veggies of some description (courgettes ? leeks ?) and parmesan potatoes

Sunday

lunch - roast dinner or BBQ depending on the weather

dinner - soup (pea and mint ? leek and potato? a mixture of both ?!) or sandwiches

Monday 

lunch - Arroz Atollado, a Colombian dish of chicken and rice

dinner - pizza - we probably won't end up eating pizza at all but this is my "joker" night, when I have oodles of leftovers to use up or I need something quick after a busy day out !

Tuesday 

lunch - South African beef and apricot skewers called sosaties, with couscous

dinner - Moroccan batbout (bread) stuffed with kefta meatballs and spiced courgettes

Wednesday 

lunch - a Japanese dish, Yakitori chicken, with soba noodles and stir fried veggies

dinner - lamb hotpot & beans

Thursday 

lunch - honey orange BBQ chicken or pork with coleslaw & mash

dinner - Cha Siu Bao, Hong Kong pork buns, with salad

Friday 

lunch - either leftovers or something simple involving pasta

dinner - coconut shrimp curry with rice

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***




4 comments:

  1. Your meals are always the best...They sound so exciting. They really are a trip around the world without leaving your home. Everything sound s delicious. I just Googled Cha Siu Bao. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be adding the recipes as soon as we've tried them ! :)

      Delete
  2. Lime Butter Salmon sounds amazing! What a delicious menu x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I want dinner at your house! Everything sounds so good, I especially love the sound of the South African beef and mango skewers x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...