Sunday 12 February 2017

University Games Yeti In My Spaghetti review


- Waiter, waiter, there's a fly in my soup. What's it doing in there?
- Breast stroke, by the looks of it !

Forget all the waiter waiter jokes about flies in the soup because University Games have something much more exciting - a Yeti in my Spaghetti !


As you can see, this instantly appealed to Pierre's giggly side. He couldn't even keep a straight face long enough for me to take a photo of the box ! 


Juliette was no better - as I read the (very short) instructions, she started using the plastic spaghetti as a moustache !


The game is very simple to set up and play and reminded me very much of Ker-plunk, a game I loved playing in my own childhood. In the box, you get a bowl, some strands of (fake) spaghetti and a cute little Yeti. (Juliette said he looked more like a potato with arms and legs !)


Any number of players can join in and no particular skill is required so players of all ages can have fun and have pretty good odds of winning.


Each player has to gently pull out one string of spaghetti.


The aim of the game is to avoid making the yeti fall into the bowl.


This gets harder and harder as the game progresses.


Here's he's literally hanging by a thread ... of spaghetti ! You can see how hard Pierre is concentrating !


Once he's fallen in the bowl, it takes just seconds to stick the spaghetti back in the bowl, perch the yeti on top and start all over again. As a busy working parent who always seems to have a million things to do when the kids want to play, I always love games like this that can be played in just a few minutes so I don't have to say no and miss out on spending some quality time with them.

We also had fun thinking up other possible versions of the game ... there's a rasta in my pasta ! Fleas in my cheese ! Trash in my mash ! And ... my personal favourite ... there's a fella in my paella !

For ages 4+ and 2+ players

RRP : £12.99



Disclosure : We received the game in order to write an honest review.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...