Saturday 11 March 2017

Madhouse recipe : Cheesecake-style mango tart


Saturday afternoon is invariably the time I do my baking for the week, so the Madhouse kids usually wander into the kitchen at some point mid-afternoon, licking their lips with a hopeful look in their eye, wondering what sweet treats I'll have rustled up and stored away in the different cake tins. Unfortunately for them, today I spent the best part of the day marking and filling in school reports, so there was nothing ready for them to eat !


Fortunately, I had a secret weapon up my sleeve (or, more precisely, in the fridge) - a jar of Nature's Finest Juicy Mango. This allowed me to rustle up a tasty dessert in all of ten minutes. I even cut one of the mango slices into a little heart shape to make it look extra-special!

 Cheesecake-style mango tart

ingredients :

8-10 digestive biscuits
3tbsp desiccated coconut
3tbsp coconut oil
some thick vanilla yogurt
1/2 jar of Nature's Finest Mango


Use a rolling pin to crush the biscuits. Stir in the desiccated coconut.


Melt the coconut oil, stir it into the biscuit crumbs and press into a springform cake tin. If you have enough, you can press it in the bottom and also up the sides. Put in the fridge to firm up.


Here is what was in the jar of mango. Ignore the white specks - I reused the bowl from the biscuit crumbs so they are flecks of desiccated coconut. You get a generous quantity of mango so I still had some left over.


My initial plan was to make a marscapone and coconut cream filling, like I used in my Coconut Cream Cheesecake. (Click through for the recipe.) As a timesaver, I used a tub of thick and creamy vanilla yogurt that was in the fridge instead though. 


I debated fanning the mango slices out in a spiral design, but they were a bit too long so I chopped them in half instead and laid them around the edges, before filling up the central gap with a heart-shaped piece of mango.

I popped it in the fridge to chill while I cooked dinner and it was ready in time for dessert. (The mango and yogurt were straight out of the fridge though.)

The new Nature’s Finest 700g Mango Slices are available now in Asda with an RRP of £2.25

Disclosure : I received a jar of mango slices to try out.

4 comments:

  1. looks lovely, cheesecake is my fav

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you recent cheesecakes sound very scrummy. Mango and yogurt go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be great in the summer when you don't want to spend hours slaving away in a hot kitchen :)

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious. Love a nice fruity cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...