Tuesday 19 April 2011

My Carry Potty review



Last week, I had a Proud Mummy Moment when 6-year-old Juliette learnt to ride her bike without stabilisers. This week, I had another one. 20-month-old Pierre just did his first ever wee in a potty ! Three cheers for Pierre ! It was a bit of a Mummy Fail Moment too because I'm used to little girls, not little boys, so the first bit shot up in the air and all over his rug rather than in the potty - oops ! To be fair, it's the first time he's ever shown any interest in using his potty as anything other than a seat so I wasn't prepared !


Ah yes, the potty. You're probably looking at the photo thinking it looks a bit strange but that's because it's a My Carry Potty, the first (to my knowledge) leakproof portable kids' toilet. How's that for a brilliant idea ? We have an 8-hour drive down to the grandparent's house in Brittany and it's always a nightmare with the kids, especially when they have just started potty training. Either you have to convince them to wear a nappy again after all that time convincing them not to, or you take a normal potty then have a nightmare trying to find somewhere to empty it. If it's just a wee that's no huge problem but if the kids have an upset stomach, trying to work out what to do with the dirty potty and/or numerous disgusting wipes that have been used to clean it for the rest of the journey is a nightmare !

The My Carry Potty carefully gets round the problem by creating a perfectly sealed unit - I've tried it with water and it really doesn't leak. That does mean it's a bit stiff to open, especially the first few times, but that's a minor inconvenience for it to remain leakproof ! I'm not at all surprised to see that this is a product created by a mum - I've said it so many times before but all the best baby/child products have been created by real parents in response to real problems.

As well as being ideal for toddlers, this is actually a very handy piece of equipment for slightly older kids too. 6-year-old Juliette could just about fit on it in case of emergencies ! If you take your kids camping, it could avoid middle-of-the-night trips to the toilet block. I think it could also be a handy item for when the kids get travel sick. We currently use sealable sandwich bags but they are neither leakproof nor smellproof, so the totally sealed potty unit would be a vast improvement !



But back to the use for which it is intended ! My Carry Potty have some ultra-cute pictures of their product in use, like this gorgeous potty-training princess. Well, never one to miss out on the action, Pierre decided he could look just as cute !


I decided he needed a few distractions to keep him interested in sitting on the potty for the first few attempts and fancy dress seemed to be his favourite potty-time activity ! He always seems to be attracted to pink sparkly things and bracelets or necklaces for some reason ! I blame his sisters !


Hmmm he looks like he is a cross between a fairy princess and Victor Meldrew ! Not quite as cute as the princess in the top picture !

When the kids are potty training, I usually end up buying two or three different potties and leaving them in strategic places around the house (because when they've got to go, they've got to go ... right now !). However, the My Carry Potty, with it's easy-grip handle, is so appealing that Pierre carries it all around the house with him wherever he goes ! That makes it the perfect potty when on the move but also in the comfort of your own home. Not only Pierre always has it at hand when needed, but it also avoids the stressful walk to the toilet with a full potty sploshing about while you desperately try not to spill the contents !

Huge thumbs up from mum and toddler !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £24.99

for more information : http://www.mycarrypotty.com/

You can also follow them on twitter (http://www.twitter.com/MyCarryPottyUK) and facebook (www.facebook.com/mycarrypotty)

Other reviews you may be interested in :

5 comments:

  1. We began infant potty training our son Balin at 5 months old and the 'My Carry Potty' that we got at the expo in Melbourne was a brilliant tool! It goes abroad with us, fits in the bottom of the buggy, when I was working as a nanny it was kept in the car for when we're out, and has just been a fantastic buy, all round! Balin often is seen carrying it around the house, too! Totally agree, I couldn't recommend it more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad i found this blog entry....my son is 18months old and as the warmer weather is starting we had decided to start potty training, after reading your entry i think this may be the potty of choice for Alfie....Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are not yet at the potty training stage, but will keep this potty in mind. Our older son refused to use any potties, we had a choice of several and they all ended up unused. He was much more interested in the family toilet seat, and with encouragement, lots of mishaps, the stickered wall, he learnt to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are thinking about potty training soon. This is an amazing idea, I need to look into it. My two years old hasn't showed any signs yet ;-( (two in a few days), hopefully the weather gets better soon and he can run around the garden without the nappy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation
    but I find this topic to be actually something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will
    try to get the hang of it!

    Stop by my website :: netflix account generator

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...