Wednesday 13 April 2011

Zuma Red Chai & Cranberry


As a reviews blogger, I love having the opportunity of discovering products I'd never heard of and that would have totally bypassed me otherwise. Zuma Red Chai & Cranberry is certainly one of those products so I was very intrigued when I received some in a package of review products from Beyond The Bean. If that name rings a bell, it's because I've already reviewed Sweetbird Fruit Smoothies and Byron Bay Cookies for them.

I had no idea what to expect so I did a quick bit of research online. Chai is a centuries-old spiced milk drink from India that has become popular in trendy coffee shops recently. The most common ingredients are cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and pepper but this variety, from Zuma, is flavoured with Rooibos and dried cranberries.

The bright red Orient-inspired box (which looks lovely and pretty on your kitchen shelf) contains 10 sachets of powder which you mix in to hot milk. I zapped a mug of milk in the microwave and stirred in the sachet so it was ready in seconds. I asked the girls if they'd like a try, describing it as a fruity version of hot chocolate !


Juliette thought it was lovely and asked if she could have some every day when she came home from school in the cold. (This was a couple of weeks ago, before the mini heatwave !)



Sophie, as you can tell from the photo, was less convinced !

I gave it a try but, bearing in mind that I'm not a fan of hot drinks OR milk, I was almost sure I wouldn't like it ! It's not unpleasant and would make a lovely, warming, comforting drink to help you get into sleep-mode, just like a cup of Horlicks. It makes a nice change to hot chocolate and I love the sheer simplicity of it.

If you like milky drinks, it's definitely one to try.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £2.99 for 10 x 28g

for more information : www.twitter.com/ZumaDrinks

Other reviews you may be interested in :

1 comment:

  1. Red chai is made with Rooibos and Cranberries bursting with natural ingredients and full of healthy anti-oxidants. Building Self Esteem

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...