Monday 23 April 2012

Peppa Pig Campervan Funtime Vehicle review



Pierre is a big Peppa Pig fan so when the chance arose to review the Peppa Pig Campervan, I knew he'd love it. Sure enough, as soon as he saw the box, he couldn't wait for me to get it out – but he had to arm himself with patience because first of all, I had to locate a screwdriver to unscrew the packaging and get the toy out. Slightly over the top, if you ask me – especially with a little boy who couldn't wait to get his hands on his new toy !


 It's a sign of the times that – as I've mentioned before – the first thing that modern kids do when you give them a new toy is look all over the place for a button to push to get flashing lights or electronic noises. Well, Pierre did this when I gave him the campervan but he soon understood that there wasn't a button to push, he'd just have to use his imagination, which he did without missing a beat. 


 The campervan comes apart – you can take the roof right off which makes it easy to get Peppa Pig in and out of the seats - but you can also remove the seats and it has a little picnic table so you can set up the picnic table and the seats together and play at Peppa having a meal. There are four seats in the campervan so Juliette said it was a shame that you didn't get the rest of Peppa's family in the play set. I've no doubt these can be bought separately though.


 The wheels of the campervan are fully functioning so Pierre and Juliette had fun pushing it across the floor to each other. Pierre also liked playing with the Peppa figure separately, and introducing her to his other playsets, such as the Jungle Junction one that we reviewed here.


 It's quite a simple toy so I thought that the Madhouse Mini-Testers would quickly get bored and move on to something else but they surprised me by getting involved in making up stories and playing happily together for quite some time. To get the most out of it, I would recommending buying another Peppa Pig playset to add to the collection or at least a couple of extra Peppa Pig family figures so that she doesn't have to get lonely in her campervan all by herself !


The campervan is small - about 12cm long - which is the perfect size for small children to play with, but this does mean that you are limited in the number of character toys that you will find that fit inside the seats.


From doing a bit of research online, I have discovered that there is another Peppa Pig Campervan playset which has the extra Peppa Pig family characters that I felt were lacking in this toy and also has a pull out awning on the campervan, that this one doesn't have.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £9.99

Disclaimer : We received a Peppa Pig Campervan in order to write the review.


Other reviews you may be interested in : 
  

7 comments:

  1. another one my son would love - we have a few peppa playsets that he loves but not this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I know anyone who dislikes Peppa Pig, she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually there was a huge backlash recently about Peppa Pig creating a generation of bratty kids !

      Delete
  3. ooo to your above comment, must google that and have a read! my twins love peppa too but they do not have any of the playsets as yet, they all seem very expensive and a shame you have to buy extras :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great, we can all identify with the over packaged toys :) the majority of christmas day, birthdays etc are spent unwiring new toys

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit, I sometimes wonder about opening all the xmas toys before giftwrapping them and getting rid of the boxes in advance - they just don't look so impressive afterwards !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seems to be a good starter set as most of the other Peppa Pig packs feature random character pairings. This one simply features the main 4 core characters.

    I found this review helpful and trying to track a set down for my daughter.

    I do a few toy reviews myself at figuredout.org and launching my Heroic Daddy blog later this year. All worksafe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...