The London Pet Show will be home to hundreds of animals on 12th - 13th May 2012 and Zoflora, the home hygiene expert, is sponsoring the World of Cats and the Animal Action Arena where visitors can witness amazing animal action displays as well as fun and informative demonstrations. If you'd like to go along and join in the fun, Zoflora have given me a discount code to share with you that will give you 20% off the ticket price - it's Zoflora4, remember to use a capital Z !
They also sent me through a bottle of their Springtime Concentrated Disinfectant to try out. This is actually one of the variants that we reviewed here. What I love about the whole range of Zoflora concentrated disinfectants is that one 120ml bottle takes up very little space in the cupboard but goes a very long way because you need to dilute it before use. It is also a multipurpose product that be used just about everywhere so you don't have to keep swapping products and creating a headachey mishmash of different fragrances - you can use the same product with the same fragrance for the whole room, or even the whole house, if you wish. I use it on the tiled surfaces of the kitchen and bathroom, the floors, the worktops, the high chair tray and potty (not with the same cloth though !!) - but I have to admit, I hadn't thought about using it to specifically target the pets' areas.
Celebrity practising vet Richard Allport is holding seminars at the Doggy Talks and Cat Talks stands at the London Pet Show, providing advice on the importance of cleanliness and hygiene when pets are in the home, and he will be available on the Zoflora stand to answer pet owners' questions. He has also come up with some top tips on extra steps you can take to keep your home clean and bacteria-free if you're a pet owner.
Richard’s five tips for keeping your pet’s and family’s environment clean and healthy:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with an antibacterial soap after handling pets, preparing pet food and handling feeding bowls, litter trays, pet toys etc.
- Surfaces on which pet and family food is prepared, immediately after use.
- Litter trays and pet cages after changing litter or bedding.
- Floors which pets regularly use, once a week.
- Plastic/rubber pet toys, once a week (rinse thoroughly with water after disinfection).
Remember to let any disinfected surfaces or objects disinfected dry completely before your pet has access to it.
- Don’t allow pets on any surface on which food is prepared, and ensure you disinfect the surface if they do touch it.
- Dispose of pet faeces hygienically without touching it. If you put animal waste in your own bin use an antibacterial bin freshener to keep odours under control.
- Keep pets’ fur groomed regularly and washed if necessary. Vacuum your home regularly to remove pet hair and debris, and clean carpets and upholstery immediately if accidents happen.
I'd never thought of using Zoflora in the pets' areas but I'll definitely be using it to spray the rabbit's cage when cleaning it out and for disinfecting the dogs' bowls every now and then, especially as I've caught Pierre "washing his hands" in the dogs' water a couple of times lately !
Important note: When correctly diluted, Zoflora disinfectant is safe to use where most pets are kept. Do not allow pets to lick or walk on wet treated surfaces. Keep off until dry. Always read the label and product information before use.
Other reviews you may be interested in :