Monday 9 December 2013

Ora Round Kitchen Towel review


When Ora got in touch and asked if we'd like to try out their round kitchen towel, I must be honest - my first thought was why would we want round kitchen towel? Adhering to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" school of thought, I thought that it would turn out to be just a gimmick that has no real use whatsoever. Then it arrived and I realised just how quick and convenient it is to have a no-tear design so that you can simply remove the top sheet one-handed. This became apparent when one of the Madhouse Mini-testers knocked over a drink and, while Madhouse Daddy was struggling to start a new roll of regular square kitchen towel that had apparently been stuck down with superglue, cursing under his breath as it ripped to shreds, I breezed in and swiftly pulled the top couple of sheets off the Ora stack ! Another advantage that I've discovered is that little fingers will only use one sheet, rather than unrolling several sheets to mop up spillages.


The Ora team had left me a lovely message in with my pack, showing how easy it is to write on the Ora sheets. This gave me the idea of using these as cute notelets to stick in the kids'/husband's lunchboxes with fun or romantic messages on them, which then double up as serviettes. It would also be fun to use them as doilies under biscuits or cake with a secret "you greedy pig, you've scoffed the lot!" message underneath for your unwitting recipient to discover !


Sophie immediately said "oooh I've got an idea", whipped out a pair of scissors and started snipping.


Two seconds later, she had a couple of funky snowflakes to stick on the window. Funnily enough, when I went to discover their #makewithora and #bakewithora suggestions on the youtube page, this was the first one on there. I love the Christmas angel kiddie crafts idea too.

It has to be the funkiest kitchen towel my kitchen has ever seen. I thought it seemed to be lasting for ages - I've just noticed that one Ora stack is the equivalent of two regular kitchen rolls.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : introductory price of £1.89 for the standard stack and £1 for the compact stack

for more information : http://www.betterallround.com/

Disclosure : We received the product on order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Simple Christmas Crafts to do with the kids this weekend

1 comment:

  1. Not a good product, in my experience. Don't seem very absorbent, and the small, round area to work with means you'll be using a lot more. Bit of a rip off. Prefer the tear off ones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...