Sunday 23 April 2017

New Year Resolutions Review week #16: The holidays are drawing to a close


Two weeks holidays are coming to an end and they seem both to have flown by, because we're definitely not ready to go back to work and school, but also have gone on forever because we've packed so much into them.

1. Get Fit(bitting) !
Four days of hitting my 10k steps target (12.8k, 13k, 16k and 10.5k on Saturday, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday) with quieter days in between, baking, tidying and just generally chilling !


2. Get cooking bookmarked recipes ! 
I've done loads of cooking and baking this week, using up lots of odds and ends out of the cupboards, but none of them were bookmarked recipes as I was making up new recipes and recreating old favourites like cornflake cakes and cookies.


3. Get geocaching !
It was a game of hide and seek this week. We went out for another geocaching adventure, this time in the dunes around the maritime hospital, and found five more caches, taking our total to 217. Some of the local geocachers have been disabling their caches, which is a shame, but it has opened up more areas that new caches can be placed in, so we hid three new caches in the town centre. They haven't gone live yet though. I also replaced a cache that had been destroyed - this one had been cleared along with the pile of rocks it was hidden under during some recent roadworks, so at least it wasn't wantonly trashed just for the hell of it, as is often the case.


4. Get comping !
Two book wins this week, both from the Goodreads giveaways - And Then We Ran and Aram. They don't seem to get many entries so they have good odds of winning.

(January : 4 wins - £20 shopping voucher, Mr Lee's noodles, Ambrosia trifle glasses, set of 5 books; February : 1 win - tea & personalised mug (prize for Galina); March - 1 win - a Bear Grylls adventure book; April - 3 wins - a colouring bundle, And Then We Ran book, Aram book)


5. Get reading !
 I finished reading Patricia Scanlan's Orange Blossom Days - the review will be going live tomorrow - and started Paige Toon's The Last Piece of My Heart. You can tell summer's on the way because the chicklit proofs are coming in thick and fast !

6. Get FLYing !
The emails have been landing in my inbox again and giving me ideas for mini daily cleaning tasks, but this week, we focused on finishing a mega dejunk in what is now known as the play room. It was formerly Pierre's bedroom but he asked to move his bed in with Juliette. This meant that we cleared a space in Juliette's room by moving everything out into the other room.


 It's been a junk room/storage room ever since and we've only just taken the time to sort through it all.  Eek !


Several bin bags of rubbish later, the kids finally have a proper play room !

8. Get bloggy housekeeping !

I've managed to schedule a few posts for next week which is incredibly organised of me ! I said last week that I had 567 posts stored in my drafts folder that I wanted to clear out. I'm now up to 575 but in my defence, I've been bookmarking recipes that I want to make !

9. Get French !
Still waiting for news from the préfecture.

What about you? Have you set yourself any targets, challenges or new year's resolutions this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...