Friday 7 April 2017

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 7/4


Excuse me while I do a little happy dance - the holidays are upon us ! Two weeks of chilling out and not having to get up when the alarm goes off at 6.15 (apologies to Madhouse Daddy who isn't on holiday!). I always like to have a big #KitchenClearout and also work through lots of bookmarked recipes so we should be eating lots of interesting food this week and next !

Saturday

lunch - it's that time of week again ... McDonald's !


dinner - I still have half a bag of broad beans in the freezer so I think I'll make broad bean and bacon soup again

Sunday

lunch - roast dinner or possibly even BBQ if the weather stays nice enough ?

dinner - leftover soup, if there is any, or smoked salmon bagels - if I'm organised, I still have a recipe to try from my Finnish-themed Kitchen Trotter box for homemade graavi lohi (marinated salmon)

Monday 


lunch - I have a pack of frozen garlic bread so I'm thinking sloppy joes or something similar, topped with garlic bread

dinner - chicken mafé, a chicken in peanut butter dish from Cameroon that was on last week's menu plan, but when I came to make it, I realised I was lacking half of the vegetables, so I ended up making chicken marinated in BBQ sauce instead

Tuesday 

lunch - noodles with lots of veggies and chicken, pork, prawns or whatever I find in the freezer and a sauce - probably sweet & sour? I have some tinned pineapple that I could throw in too actually

dinner -  homemade pizza (possibly Hawaiian, if there's still some leftover pineapple)

Wednesday 

lunch - homity pie (a veggie option with leeks, potatoes and cheese, but I might be tempted to add in some bacon) with a big mixed salad

dinner - chicken adobo with rice

Thursday 

lunch - omelette - possibly the usual Spanish tortilla or possibly a recipe I bookmarked for Finnish rolled mushroom omelette

dinner - murtabak, Indonesian meat-filled pancakes

Friday  

lunch - there will be a fridge full of leftovers to pick through by now I think - if not, pasta

dinner - There's another pack of duck in the freezer - Madhouse Daddy obviously enjoyed the duck à l'orange and the Peking duck with noodles that I rustled up with the last lot. I have no idea what else to do with it yet, but I'm sure I'll find some inspiration online !

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Join in with the weekly meal plan bloghop !

4 comments:

  1. Everything sound so good! Hooray for the Easter holidays. We're having homemade pizza too this week! The kids are going to make it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meat filled pancakes sound fab, we are also having homemade pizzas. Have a fab week #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh the broad bean and bacon soup sounds lovely. Homemade pizzas are the best aren't they! Hope you have a lovely Easter and thank you for sharing with #MealPlanningMonday x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...