Sunday 2 April 2017

New Year Resolutions Review weeks #11-13 : A break in Norway and catching up


I haven't done a roundup for the past couple of weeks because I was on a worktrip in Norway the week before last, which meant not only that I had no time to get online blogging but also that I made little or no progress in any of my New Year challenges. This week was a manic week catching up at work and at home so it wasn't much better, but here's goes for the latest progress report.

1. Get Fit(bitting) !
This week has been rubbish because I've been stuck in meetings or training sessions every day after work so most days I didn't hit my daily 10k steps target, but the week before in Norway, I was in the 10-15k steps zone every day, climbing up mountains and wandering around town exploring after each day's conference. Yesterday was, I think, my lowest day ever - 2500 steps ! We had an appointment at the bank in the morning so we went by car and in the afternoon I slept for over two hours, so there was hardly any walking going on at all ! I obviously needed it though because this morning I slept until 10am which is unheard of too. I think all the manic rushing around of the past few weeks has finally caught up with me !


2. Get cooking bookmarked recipes ! 
A few manic weeks at work and a week in Norway has resulted in very little cooking lately ! I did make a couple of bookmarked dishes, chicken cau cau, a Peruvian dish that I haven't had a chance to blog yet, and duck à l'orange, which was much simpler to make than I expected.

3. Get geocaching !
On the morning we flew out of Norway, I dashed off to a geocache just opposite our hotel before breakfast so that I could log a find in Norway and make it the cache the furthest north that I've ever found ! I would have found a couple more but the day before, when I had a spare hour, my gps wouldn't believe I was in Norway and kept showing me that the nearest caches were in my hometown - it's so annoying when it does that !

4. Get comping !
Aaagh I failed to get a single win in March. If I take an average, I'm still on track but that wasn't what I had in mind when I set the challenge.
(January : 4 wins - £20 shopping voucher, Mr Lee's noodles, Ambrosia trifle glasses, set of 5 books; February : 1 win - prize for Galina; March - a big fat zilch )


5. Get reading !
  I finished Dangerous To Know by Anne Buist, and read most of Dare To Remember by Susanna Beard in the airport and on the plane to Norway. (Click through for the reviews.) I finished The Silent Kookaburra by Liza Perrat but I haven't written my review yet and I also read a kid's book, Danny Dingle's Fantastic Finds - the review will be going live later today. There must be a trend for blue book covers at the moment !

6. Get FLYing !
I wasn't even at home so nope, but the week after next, I'm on holiday and will be having a big dejunk/spring clean in the whole house. Honest !

8. Get bloggy housekeeping !
My stats dropped dramatically for a few days when everyone in the blogging world was up in arms about Bloglovin basically stealing everyone's content and hosting it on their website, rather than redirecting it back to the blog, but that was just a blip until they sorted it out.


9. Get French !
I got the translated birth certificates, photocopied the newly requested papers, tracked down the missing papers online and popped the whole lot back in the post yesterday. Fingers crossed ... again !

What about you? Have you set yourself any targets, challenges or new year's resolutions this year?

1 comment:

  1. You managed to cram in a lot this month anyway, even with a trip to Norway. Fingers crossed for your French paperwork.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...