TV presenter Angellica Bell has joined forces with pioneering charity Breakthrough Breast Cancer to be the ambassador for their annual fundraising campaign Go Pink launching in time for Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. A couple of weeks ago, I blogged (here) about some of the fabulous "Go Pink" products that you can buy to help support Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Here are some more ideas for ways of raising funds, and if my cupcake blogposts last week inspired you, you might like the idea of a Pink Tea Party ! Read on for more details.
Go Pink, which takes place during October’s Breast Cancer Awareness month, raises hugely important funds to help Breakthrough Breast Cancer in the fight against the disease. One in every eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point in their lifetime and 1,000 women in the UK die from the disease every month.
Angellica Bell Go Pink celebrity ambassador said: “I'm asking everyone to please Go Pink this October for Breakthrough Breast Cancer. I lost a friend to the disease so this is a cause incredibly close to my heart. I'll be hosting a Go Pink tea party but there are literally hundreds of ways to Go Pink, check out the website for tons more ideas. It's so easy and the money raised really will help save lives. So register now and get your pink thinking caps on!"
‘Going pink’ really could help save lives and it couldn't be easier. Whether at work, at school or with friends and family just take your favourite activity and give it a pink twist; you could dress pink, have a pink raffle, hold a pink bake sale or even organise a pink barn dance! Anyone and everyone can get involved and if you are stuck for ideas, Breakthrough Breast Cancer has launched a brand new ideas-generator online - just fill in what you like to do and it will do the rest. Find this, more information and helpful fundraising tips at www.breakthrough.org.uk/gopink .
Becky Crowe, Community Fundraising Manager at Breakthrough Breast Cancer, said: “We are thrilled to have Angellica Bell on board for this year’s Go Pink, and we know that with her support it’s going to be our biggest year yet! We can’t wait to see all the different ways people have fun with pink whilst also raising money to help in the fight against breast cancer. We really appreciate everyone’s support and the funds raised really do make a difference to help save lives.”
Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in the UK and Breakthrough Breast Cancer is leading the fight against the disease by developing new treatments, raising awareness and campaigning for better services for patients. Money raised from the Go Pink fundraising campaign will be spent on this vital research, campaigning and education work.
If you would like to organise your own Go Pink fundraising event it couldn’t be easier – register for an enquiry pack full of ideas, tips and advice to make your Go Pink event a success visit www.breakthrough.org.uk/gopink or call 08080 100 200.
Angellica Bell’s Top Pink Tea Party Tips!
Having a pink tea party is really easy and the smallest details can make a big difference. Why not have a read of my top tips and then have fun getting creative and going pink!
1) Pink cupcakes and iced-pink biscuits are a great addition to any pink tea party and even better if they’re homemade…try a few drops of pink food colouring to give your icing the pink treatment.
2) A pink flower on everyone’s tea cup is a really nice way to decorate a table and to make all your guests feel special!
3) Why not visit your local charity shop to see if you can find a vintage tea set to give your tea party a retro feel. It doesn’t matter if nothing matches – the quirkier the better!
4) Pink bunting is really easy to make from old sheets or pillow cases and can brighten up a wall and give your tea party a celebratory feel.
5) Finally why not ask all your friends to come dressed in pink (or at least with a pink accessory) to complete the pink theme.
About Breakthrough Breast Cancer:
• Breakthrough Breast Cancer is a pioneering charity dedicated to the prevention, treatment and ultimate eradication of breast cancer. The charity fights on three fronts: research, campaigning and education.
• Breakthrough Breast Cancer funds ground-breaking research, campaigns for better services and treatments and raises awareness of breast cancer. Through this work the charity believes passionately that breast cancer can be beaten and the fear of the disease removed for good. Find more information at breakthrough.org.uk
THE FEAR STOPS HERE
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Breakthrough Breast Cancer is going to end the uncertainties that make breast cancer so frightening... so that every woman knows for certain that she should be here, with the people she loves, for years to come. Together, we definitely can do it.
Other blogposts you may be interested in :