Saturday 24 September 2011

Acriflex Antiseptic Cream & Skin Cooling Gel review

Over the summer, we were sent two tubes of product from Acriflex to review, their Antiseptic Cream (in the red tube) and their Skin Cooling Gel (in the blue tube). I'm pleased to say, we haven't actually needed to use either of them really because (fingers crossed I don't jinx it !) there haven't been any mishaps here at The Madhouse recently !

In the red corner, er I mean tube, we have Acriflex Antiseptic Cream, dubbed the multitasking first aid cabinet essential. It's a one-tube-solution for treating minor burns, scalds, scratches, cuts and abrasions, as well as sunburn blisters and even infected or cracked skin. It's therefore the perfect product for stashing in your emergency first aid kit and it came all the way to Turkey with us on holiday, even if we (thankfully) didn't need it. Its active ingredient is Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.25% w/w which is an antiseptic and a bacteriostat. I was expecting lots of grazed knees and cut fingers to try it on over the summer but the nearest I got was a paper cut, which cleared up nicely but it would have done even without the cream ! It's a great, all-purpose cream to have at hand for everyday emergencies and mishaps though.
And in the blue tube, we have Acriflex Skin Cooling Gel, which provides an immediate cooling effect to help ease pain and discomfort of minor skin irritations by encouraging the skin to flood the damaged area with moisture, minimising scarring and reducing redness and inflammation. It is preservative, alcohol and perfume-free so is suitable for use on adults and children over the age of two. The only minor injury I could test it on was a pathetic red spot on my wrist where the bacon spat at me in the frying pan, and it did feel nice and cold and not too greasy, but, again, I would have survived without using the cream anyway !
RRP : Antiseptic Cream £2.99 for 30g, Skin Cooling Gel £3.99 for 30g

for more information : http://www.acriflex.co.uk/

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Savlon Day Out First Aid Kit

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting post. I'm always burning myself in the kitchen or with the steam from the iron. I do protest that ironing is bad for me, but I still have to do it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should have this in their cupboard, reading about not putting anything fluffy on a birn made my toes go funny just thinking about getting it stuck to a burn, eurgh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IDeal item for your first aid cabinet. Try not to burn your hands but doesnt stop it happening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just returned from a trip to Spain where I got burnt on the last day of the holiday. Bought the gel in the supermarket on my return and by day two I was well on the road to recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Briiant stuff. This works on my very sensitive skin which has caught the sun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...