Tuesday 27 September 2011

Penn State Gammon & Mustard Pretzels review


You can tell by the look on Sophie's face that she was over the moon when we received some Penn State pretzels to review. We've already reviewed a selection of their snacks in the past (here and here) but this time, we tried out their Gammon & Mustard Pretzels for the first time.

Before trying their Sour Cream & Chive Pretzels a few months ago, I wasn't a huge fan of pretzels, having only eaten plain ones that I found bland and tasteless. The Penn State pretzels however pack as much punch as crisps in the flavour department and they're not too salty either.

The Gammon & Mustard flavour reminds me a bit of smoky bacon flavoured crisps, but they seem lighter and less greasy than crisps. They have the perfect crunchy texture and the fact that they are baked rather than fried means that they're a relatively guilt-free snack, containing 131 calories for a 30g serving. The girls weren't overly keen because of the mustard background taste that they said was hot, but I didn't detect any heat at all - just a meaty flavour.

They're nice but I still prefer the Sour Cream & Chive Pretzels because their flavour seems more intense and long-lasting. The Gammon & Mustard variety is a limited edition, so I'm keen to see what other flavour combinations they have up their sleeve (including the chocolate coated pretzels, the very idea of which still makes me wrinkle my nose, but I'm willing to be proved wrong !).

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £1.29 for 175g


Other reviews you may be interested in :

1 comment:

  1. I love their soured cream and chive ones, can't stop once I've started. Not sure it's wise I get started on these too, but....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...