Sunday 11 September 2011

Schwartz review #7 : Perfect Shake Fennel Seed, Tomato & Basil Salad Special Blend review


Last night, Madhouse Daddy Mike offered to make dinner and asked if I'd like him to cook a salad. I discreetly sniggered at the idea of cooking a salad and said yes please. I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth !

Well, when he delivered the meal, he had indeed cooked an enormous salad - well, some of it anyway !


As well as serving up a big plateful of healthy salad leaves, sliced tomatoes, chunks of cheese and green olives, his rather impressive (and slightly daunting !) composition included a soft-boiled egg, fried mushrooms and bacon pieces. All drizzled with salad dressing. Wow ! It tasted divine but I have no doubt that this is one of those salads that contains as many calories as a Big Mac meal !

Well, Schwartz has also provided him with another secret ingredient - a little tub of Perfect Shake Fennel Seed, Tomato & Basil Salad Special Blend. This spice mix contains Dried Tomato (24%), Red Bell Peppers, Fennel Seed (11%), Rosemary, Basil (8%), Salt, Black Pepper, Shallots, Dried Garlic and Vegetable Oil and it adds a really lovely depth of flavour to salads, even if they haven't got such a wide range of ingredients as the Super Mega Madhouse Salad above !

100g of product does contain 277 calories and 5.1g of fat, but the whole pot only contains 25g so a quick shake shouldn't be too bad, even if you are watching your weight.

The Salad Special Blends range also comprises Sesame Seed, Coriander & Cumin Salad Special Blend and Lemon Grass, Coriander & Garlic Salad Special Blend, if you want to experiment with different flavours.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : 90p for 25g


Other reviews you may be interested in :

4 comments:

  1. This looks nice. I am not sure if I would like the blend with Fennel in but the other blends sound lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fennel, it seems to help me when i feel bloated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hve just used up the last of my stock of perfect shake tomato, fennel seed and basil. Even though it was well out of date I used up the last little bit with no decrease in its taste and as good as when it was bought. Now I can't find it in the supermarket Help please

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this blend still made

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...