This week (September 11th-18th) is National Eczema Week and with one in five children experiencing eczema in some shape or form, I'm pleased to be able to offer you some highly effective products to treat children in my latest giveaway. I have one of each of the following products to give away so I'll pick four winners in all who will receive one product each.
Natural Remedies for Eczema from Barefoot - winner @missielizzieb
Barefoot’s new SOS range with its Advanced Natural Therapeutic Formula offers a carefully crafted blend of the highest quality natural ingredients to help soothe extremely dry and sensitive skin. This intensively rich and nourishing steroid free range is free from petrochemicals including paraffin, parabens & SLS, artificial colours and fragrances, and animal ingredients. Unlike most high-street emollients, you can feel safe and secure that this natural alternative is only going to benefit your skin.
Products include a Face and Body Rescue Cream, Barrier Hand Cream, Soothing Face and Body Wash, Daily Rich Body Lotion and a Dry Scalp Treatment Shampoo and Conditioner. www.barefoot-botanicals.com
Affordable, Safe treatment from Dexeryl - winner @sweet_Kat30
Dexeryl is SLS, lanolin and fragrance-free, hydrating, preventing dryness and restoring the skin’s barrier. Bao-Tam Phan, Pharmacist at Pierre Fabre Dermatologie, the manufacturers of Dexeryl® cream comments, "The combination of glycerol (which helps to keep the skin moisturised), white soft paraffin and liquid paraffin in Dexeryl® cream offers a highly acceptable non-sticky and non-greasy formulation, which patients in our trials significantly prefer." The skin is left smoother and soothed from itchiness.
Pharmacies nationwide priced at £2.00/50g and £6.12/250g or ask your GP to prescribe the 250g.
Using the Unique Rhealba® Oat Seedling Extract - winner @michelletwinmum
A-Derma Exomega Cream is an emollient designed to provide very dry and eczema prone skins with the comfort, softness and suppleness they require. The formulation includes Rhealba® oat seedling extract, vitamin B3 and Omega 6 essential fatty acids, in the form of evening primrose oil, for even greater relief and reinforcement of the skin’s barrier. In a trial, a significant 21% increase in moisture rate was observed in children after the first week of Exomega Cream application. £10.50/Boots
Infused with Thermal Spring Water - winner @maximka25
Avène TriXera Emollient Cream is a fragrance free, paraben-free formula that nourishes and soothes even the driest of skins. TriXera contains Avène Thermal Spring Water that works to rapidly reduce irritation while softening the skin, and is formulated with Selectioseâ, to reduce skin reactivity. It has a rich yet gentle texture that facilitates application and helps to instantly restore comfort as well as suppleness and elasticity. £11.50, stockist line 01582 820165 or visit avene.co.uk
To be in with the chance of winning, just do the following two things :
(1) leave me a comment in the comments box with a way of contacting you (twitter name or email). If I don't hear back from you within a week, I'll have to pick another winner. Feel free to tell me if you have a preference for one of the products, but I can't guarantee that this will be your prize if you win.
(2) comment on any of my other blogposts and tell me where you commented (other giveaways don't count and each comment only counts for one giveaway !)
Bonus entries :
You can do any or all of the following for bonus entries - just make sure you leave me one comment per entry so that they're all counted !
(1) Follow me on twitter (@cherylp59) and tweet about my comp - this is now dead easy if you click on the tweet button on the right-hand side bar. Feel free to shorten if necessary, or you can make up your own tweet. Make sure you copy in @cherylp59 so I can track this.
(2) I love reading your comments so leave me some extra comments on my other blogposts (maximum 5) and I'll give you a bonus entry for each one ! Just remember to leave me a comment here each time to tell me you've done so.
(3) follow my blog with Google Friends Connect (over on the side bar on the right)
(4) Subscribe to my blog by email (near the top of the right-hand sidebar) so that all the new posts pop into your inbox in a handy digest every morning
(5) I've created a facebook page for Madhouse Family Reviews so I'd love for you to become a follower on there too - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse-Family-Reviews/144910798898626
UK only. Closing date : 1/10/11
Other current giveaways you may be interested in :