Sunday 10 April 2016

Sunday weigh-in : Sod the scales !


This week, I've been on holiday which often goes with a weight gain, and sure enough, I've put on 1kg. I don't actually think it's justified - I've been eating lots of fruit & veg, drinking more water, not eating the cakes I've been baking (only a quick taste), getting out and about lots with the kids, but nevermind, I'll roll with it ! Maybe the stress and rushing around when I'm at work burns off extra calories ?!

Positives of the week

- Whatever the scales say, my mindset has been a lot more positive and relaxed this week. I feel like the Caramel Bunny ... all blissed out and relaxed !

- I may have put on 1kg but my Fitbug keeps going upside down on my wrist so it must be looser and my jeans keep slipping down which is strange !

Current targets 

Last week's target :  Enjoy my time off. Get out for fun-exercise - long walks, geocaching, playing football with Pierre at the park ... (DONE)


This week's targets : Ignore the scales, enjoy the week, eat well, live well, be happy !!

Short-term targets 

(1) get back into the 80's
(2) get my "lbs lost" back into double figures
(3)  get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's
 (4)  get back to 87kg, my pre-holiday weight   
(5) get my "kg lost" badge back into double figures 
(6) get my "weight loss" badge higher than my "still to go" badge
(7) get back into my (smallest) bright blue jeans comfortably
(8) get back to 77kg - my lowest weight since my pregnancies

Longer-term targets :  Hit my target weight of 70kg.

START WEIGHT :93.7kg (BMI 34.8)
TARGET WEIGHT : 70kg (BMI 26)
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  :  87.9kg 
WEIGHT TODAY :  88.9kg 
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  4.8kg
STILL TO GO : 18.9kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : +1kg

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. :)





Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods



Hijacked By Twins

13 comments:

  1. A kg is nothing and why diet when you are enjoying yourself on holiday! I would ditch the scales and use your mind - you will feel so much happier. We dont have scales in our house. I can tell if my weight has gone up or down just from my clothes. If I have put on a little then I just cut down on the treats until it goes back down again. I never go on diets - I just eat sensibly and walk my dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One kilo is a bother, but then, it might be just muscles so don't you fret. If you are happy, that's what matters. I haven't checked my weight after Easter, I don't want to know, but I bet I have gained, eating all those lush Italian pastries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got nothing to worry about, you always look as lithe and willowy as a twenty year old ! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I agree to ditch the scales. If I'd had a good week and gained or maintained I'd think well what's the point and eat bad. If I'd had a bad week and lost I'd think oh well I can eat bad things and lose it and then end up gaining in the long run! Since ditching weighing myself I ended up dropping sizes more consistently, I learnt to listen to my body and food became more enjoyable by just eating healthily and when I was hungry rather than eating/not eating depending on what the scale said. Go by your clothes, how you feel, and most importantly rock what you got no matter what size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be easy to get trapped in a vicious circle but it's just so tempting to jump on the scales to see how you're doing !

      Delete
  4. As we know, the scales are not honest! It's great that you're feeling relaxed and that your jeans are starting to fall down and stuff! They are great signs that you're heading in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, I need to look beyond the numbers :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you have enjoyed your time off - much deserved! I've always said don't go off what the scales say, it's all about how you feel! The gain is not fair at all, but you have enjoyed yourself and you know it will fall off again when you are back on it chick! Hope you are having a good week! #WeightLossWednesday Sim xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right - getting out of routine is always a disaster !

      Delete
  6. Bon, ben on se suit ... +500 g pour moi ... On fera mieux la prochaine fois. Bonne semaine !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. zuuuut, c'est pas juste ! Bon ben, la semaine prochaine sera meilleure :)

      Delete
  7. Ha ha if stress and rushing around at work made me slim I'd be skinny in no time! I wish! Sounds like you had a lovely week and I think the fitbug and jeans speak for themselves, you're doing fab! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...