Friday 29 April 2016

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 29/4



There's a bit of a holiday feel next week because Thursday is a bank holiday and the French have a brilliant tradition of "making the bridge" and taking off the Friday too to make an extremely long weekend, especially as Wednesday is my day off  so I get a five day weekend! That means I'll be planning lunches for most of this week too.

Saturday 

lunch - I think today will be a toss up between McDonald's or Quick, the French equivalent, as one is giving away Playmobil in its happy meals and the other is giving away free day out tickets - either way, I'll have a chicken salad  so it makes no difference to me !

dinner - maybe soup, maybe a big salad, depending on the weather ! I have an intriguing recipe for chicken & almond milk soup, which I might try.

Sunday

lunch - absolutely no idea because we have friends over for dinner - we contemplated a bbq before we headed back into winter so we'll have to check the weather !

dinner - nothing, we'll still be stuffed from lunch (which ends up an all day affair in France !)

Monday 

dinner - chicken curry and rice

Tuesday 

dinner - spicy sesame beef with stir fried veggies (broccoli, red peppers, onions, mushrooms, carrots, ...)

Wednesday 

lunch - smothered pork chops with spaghetti

dinner - cottage pie

Thursday 

lunch - chicken & veg noodles, with a pouch of laksa sauce

dinner - spaghetti carbonara or bolognese

Friday 

lunch - I think I'll have a fridge full of leftovers to use up - if not toad in the hole with mash and beans

dinner - Hairy Bikers' citrus crusted chicken breast with rice & salad

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 29/4

Meal Planning Monday

Want to see what everyone else is eating ? Head over to Meal Planning Monday at Mrs M's blog !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...