Saturday 23 April 2016

Tea for two or two for tea ! (review)


Twinings recently sent me two products to try out from their new ranges of tea, Steamed Green Tea & Freshly Picked Taste. 


Freshly Picked Taste (£2.69 for 20 teabags) is inspired by tastes found in gardens and green areas across the country, including mint, camomile, ginger and liquorice. In convenient teabag form, each bag is individually foil-wrapped to lock in the flavour and freshness. We tried the Mint flavoured infusion and, after adding a dash of sugar syrup, it reminded us of the mint tea that was often offered to us in little shops in the souks in Morocco. Lovely and refreshing, especially in the summer months.


Twinings Steamed Green Tea range (£2.69 for 20 teabags) is made using a centuries-old Chinese method of steaming freshly picked green tea leaves, for a purer, more delicate taste than a standard green tea. This makes it perfect for those who find most green teas too bitter. Aha, that sounded just like me, so I was keen to see what we'd think. Well, I'm still not a huge green tea fan, but the flavour is more discreet so I found I could mask (or enhance ?!) it with a squirt of lemon or lime juice or even a drizzle of honey. The range does actually include flavoured options, including lemon and jasmine, which will no doubt win over even more people who want to take advantage of the benefits of green tea but who are usually put off by the taste.

This got me wondering about what other flavours would work well with green tea. I browsed on the Twinings website and nearly fell off my seat in surprise !


I always think of green tea as a healthy and virtuous option, so I'd never have dreamed of finding cake and sweet treat-inspired green teas !


Twinings' range includes gingerbread, cherry bakewell, salted caramel, fudge melts ...


Or the one that appeals to me the most, Caramelised Apple. Yep, toffee apple in green tea form, minus the calories !

If I've got you thinking about green tea in a new light, I have even better news - on their facebook page, they have some scrummy sounding recipes using the flavoured green tea, including Twinings Gingerbread Green Tea Pancakes. Now, I defy anyone to say they don't like green tea after that ! 

for more information : www.twinings.co.uk

Disclosure : We received the products in order to write an honest review.

1 comment:

  1. I regularly buy Twinings teas, haven't tried the latest ones that you got. I wasn't very keen on Salted caramel and Gingerbread, they didn't work for me. Good flavours for coffee, but not tea, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...