Saturday 15 May 2010

Forever Bright Aloe Vera Toothgel


A little while ago, I was lucky enough to win a tube of Forever Bright Toothgel on a twitter competition from the lovely Neil @Forever_Living. Not knowing much about the company or their products, I went off for a quick investigation. The website says, "Forever Living Products is a multi-level marketing company that spans the globe with over 8.5 million distributors, operating in 120 countries and generating more than 2 billion dollars in sales annually. [...] Forever Living Products and its affiliates are the largest growers, manufacturers and distributors of aloe vera in the world."

Aaah good old aloe vera ! You can find it in everything now, from skin creams to shower gel to, well, tooth gel ! According to the Forever Living website, "There’s a reason aloe vera gel is trusted in products you see every day. And that reason dates back thousands of years. The earliest civilizations revered this extraordinary botanical for its astonishing properties. Its legendary uses have been passed down through time, enhanced by scientific innovation and centuries of experience. Let aloe surprise you as it: * Cleanses and supports your digestive system * Infuses you with energy * Hydrates your skin * Soothes and promotes skin renewal * Supports your immune system * And so much more." OK, I'm impressed, time to check out the tooth gel.

The website describes it as "A gentle, non-fluoride formula, that contains aloe vera and bee propolis. It nourishes, strengthens and protects teeth and gums whilst fighting plaque and whitening without bleaching agents. A great minty taste in a non-abrasive formula, that children and adults love." Hang on, did somebody say NON-FLUORIDE ?! I thought the whole point of brushing your teeth is that you're supposed to use a toothpaste with fluoride to protect your teeth ? Well, apparently not necessarily. A quick tweet to Neil and he reassured me that in America, fluoride is considered as poison (maybe I should tell that to the French doctors who prescribe fluoride drops to babies and small children !) and there is enough fluoride in your tap water to keep your teeth healthy. I have to admit, long term, I'd still be slightly wary about moving away from fluoride-toothpastes, because it's so ingrained in my conscience that that's what I need, but I was happy to try out this tube of tooth gel and see how I got on.

I gaily squeezed some on my tooth brush and was surprised to see it's dark green. That did it for the girls - "euurrggghhhh it looks like bogies", they cried and ran screaming from the bathroom ! Which is actually a shame because it has a nice mild minty flavour that I'm sure they would have liked, as it's much less intense than many of the "winter-fresh" minty tasting dental care products on the market. It left my mouth feeling clean and fresh.

So what about those other claims that it'll make your teeth sparkle ? Well, I did find myself looking in the mirror a few times thinking to myself that my teeth looked extra white and shiny. I have good teeth anyway (my old dentist told me it was "a provocation" to go and see him with teeth as good as mine ! - but the fact that he still had a chair that moved up and down with a manual crank and that he sterilised his tools by passing them through a flame had already convinced me that I wouldn't be "provoking" him any more ever again anyway !). I don't smoke or drink coffee or red wine, so my teeth are pretty white anyway and none of the other whitening-formula toothpastes I've used in the past have ever made me notice any difference whatsoever, so that's definitely a plus point for the aloe vera tooth gel.

Another thing I noticed was that my gums had stopped bleeding, something they do from time to time when I brush them a bit too hard. Now whether that is down to the healing powers of aloe vera or total coincidence, I have no idea, but it's another plus point for the tooth gel.

This is a tooth gel that is formulated for the entire family to use and it is also suitable for vegetarians because it contains no animal by-products. It's a quality product that is pleasant to use so if you're perfectly happy to use a fluoride-free tooth gel and want to try out the natural powers of aloe vera, it's a product I'd highly recommend.


star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £5.45 for 130g


Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

1 comment:

  1. It has a black tag, which means its composed of all chemicals??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...