Move over cupcakes, the mac is back! Macaroons have made a huge comeback, appearing in bakeries everywhere and even starring in Hollywood movies. Find out how to make your own scrumptious bite-sized treats to impress your guests with Squires Kitchen's Guide to Making Macaroons by Mark Tilling (B. Dutton Publishing).
Pastry chef and chocolatier, Mark Tilling, presents a wide variety of flavour and colour combinations so your macaroons will look and taste absolutely irresistible.
The recipes are followed by 20 ingenious ideas for all kinds of occasions: if you're throwing a children's party, you could create colourful lollipops, a spectacular macaroon tower centrepiece or even a burger and fries made entirely from macaroon mix. Maybe you're hosting a dinner party, in which case you could whip up some savoury canapés such as smoked salmon and cream cheese macaroons, an impressive giant macaroon dessert, or a twist on tradition with after-dinner macs.
For something extra special, how about champagne macaroons or perfect pearls for wedding favours, or you could even create a stunning macaroon wedding cake. Not forgetting afternoon tea, where you could bake a batch of adorable Victoria sponge or carrot cake mini macs.
Whatever the occasion, you're sure to find some creative inspiration in this contemporary and unique guide to making macaroons.
Squires Kitchen's Guide to Making Macaroons by Mark Tilling is published on 11th March 2011 by B. Dutton Publishing Ltd., RRP £12.99.
Available from bookshops and direct from the publisher at http://www.squires-shop.com/.
To be in with a chance of winning, you must do the following three things :
(1) follow my blog with Google Friends Connect (over on the side bar on the right)
(2) comment on any of my other blogposts and tell me where you commented (other giveaways don't count !)
(3) leave me a comment, with an email or twitter name so I can contact you if you win. If I don't hear back from you within a week, I'll have to pick another winner.
Bonus entries :
You can do any or all of the following for bonus entries - just make sure you leave me one comment per entry so that they're all counted !
(1) Tweet : I'll be in macaroon heaven if I win on @cherylp59 's blog, enter here : http://bit.ly/gb0Iu1 Pls RT
(2) I love reading your comments so leave me some extra comments (maximum 5) and I'll give you a bonus entry for each one ! Just remember to leave me a comment here each time to tell me you've done so.
(3) I've recently created a facebook page for Madhouse Family Reviews so I'd love for you to become a follower on there too - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse-Family-Reviews/144910798898626
(4) *New!* Subscribe to my blog by email (top of the right-hand sidebar) so that all the new posts pop into your inbox in a handy digest every morning
UK only. Closing date : 19/3/11. Good luck.
Other current giveaways you may be interested in :
Giveaway #58 - win a VIP family ticket for four to Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World - closing date 13/3