Saturday 26 March 2011

Love Hearts Egg Cups and Egg Cosies


Chick chick chick chick chicken, lay a little egg for me,
Chick chick chick chick chicken, I want one for my tea,
I haven't had an egg since Easter, and now it's half past three, soooo
Chick chick chick chick chicken, lay a little egg for me !

For some reason, the girls always get really excited when I tell them they can have boiled eggs for tea ! I think it's probably all to do with the fun of dipping bread soldiers into the runny yolk and then being allowed to smash the empty shells to bits afterwards (so that the witches can't use them to sail away across the sea in ! I have absolutely no idea where that comes from but I remember hearing it as a child so I mentioned it to the girls once and they love saying it every time now !)

Well, we have a variety of egg cups in our house, including wooden ones and porous plaster cast type ones. They look pretty but the colour and/or stuck-on eyes come off after a few washes so they soon stop looking the business.

These cute and funky Love Hearts themed egg cups are made of ceramic and are dishwasher safe so they'll last much longer. They're also microwave safe but I can't think why you'd want to put an egg cup in a microwave - am I missing something ?!

Even cuter is the fact that they come with matching pastel-coloured egg cosies. Now, I have to admit, when I was younger (or more to the point, before I had kids !), I could never really understand the point of egg cosies. A boiled egg only takes minutes to cook so what could possibly crop up within those few minutes to prevent you from tucking in straight away ? Well, now I could make you a list ! Pierre doing a particularly smelly poo that is about to put everyone off their food, Juliette knocking over her glass of water, one of the neighbour's kids coming to call for Sophie, the phone ringing ... the list just goes on and on ! Similarly, if you have kids who always seem to take ages to make it to the table - we haven't reached the "just a minute, I'll just finish my game" stage yet but there always seems to be an ultra-long trip to the toilet at just the wrong time ! - you can keep their egg lovely and warm until they arrive.

The gift set, which contains two egg cups and two matching egg cosies, would make a perfect Easter gift, possibly topped off with a couple of chocolate eggs, and the best news is, despite a RRP of £7.99, it's currently on offer at £4.99 so get in quick !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £7.99 (but currently £4.99)


Other reviews you may be interested in :


4 comments:

  1. these egg cups are gorgeous !!!! i want some :)
    @clareandtribe on twitter :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, really sweet! @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would make a healthy alternative to an easter pressie for my niece, and she oh so loves her boiled eggs and soldiers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this are adoreable - deffinately on my wanted list

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...