Saturday 1 June 2013

Get ready for National Picnic Week !


As I mentioned when I wrote up this week's menu plan, next week is going to be a week of school trips, both for me and the kids. I will be accompanying my classes to Dover Castle and Canterbury on Monday, then London and Rochester at the end of the week. Sophie has a day trip to Walmer Castle, Broadstairs and Margate and Juliette will be having adventures at the beach followed by an ostrich farm. That means lots of packed lunches to organise, so it was perfect timing for The Unilever Kitchen to invite us to take part in their Picnic Challenge.


They sent us through this amazing picnic hamper to inspire us to come up with some recipes in advance of National Picnic Week which is taking place from 17th – 23rd June. Hopefully, the sun will be a permanent fixture by then !


Inside the hamper, we discovered a whole range of products to get our creative juices flowing - various flavours of Hellmann's mayonnaise, some mustards from Maille and Colman's, some Colman's sauces (Smokey BBQ, Garlic Chilli and Chilli Mango), some Knorr stock cubes and some Flora and Bertolli margarines.

I already have some fab ideas for things to make using some of these ingredients so keep an eye on the blog tomorrow when I'll be getting everything ready for the week ahead. I'm hungry just thinking about it !

Disclosure : I received a fab picnic hamper, stuffed with ingredients, in order to put together a recipe for the Unilever Kitchen Picnic Challenge.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Quark New York Cheesecake recipe

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a picnic hamper! I love a picnic - just hope we actually get some nice weather! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, that's about the only ingredient missing - the sunshine !

      Delete
  2. I have a busy week like this with all of us out on different picnic trips on different days in a couple of weeks- I'm looking forward to reading some of your ideas for different things to try - I get bored with mu usual cheese or ham sandwich! Happy picnicking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's half written and I just need to make up the final few bits and pièces to take photos - not a cheese or ham sandwich in sight, promise !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...