Wednesday 21 December 2011

Next Blogger Network - Look Fit When Getting Fit with Davina's new sports range



The New Year is always a time for celebs to release their get fit DVDs and for us lesser mortals to make yet another New Year's resolution to get fit/lose weight/eat more healthily. Many of us will fall by the wayside before we reach our targets but it's always good to try ! Well, this year, I've already got a head start, as you'll know if you've been following my adventures with the Thinking Slimmer Slimpod (see here for my latest update), which means I've already lost 4kg, which I'm ecstatic about.

Well, I've still got a long way to go but this great start has inspired me to keep on trying and hopefully take things to the next level. I'll be reviewing the MuTu System (see here) straight after Christmas which, if you've never heard of it, is a programme designed to show you how, through a combination of exercise and healthy eating, you can rediscover your waistline AND your body confidence after having children... however long ago you had them! I'll also be trialling the Jenny Craig eating plan for a couple of weeks so I'm hoping to have some great results to share with you in the coming weeks.

The only problem is, I'll have to shell out for some new trainers and clothes at this rate, an the former are getting worn out and the latter are getting too big ! No complaining from me though on either count ! Especially as I've just discovered Davina McCall's fab new sports clothing and footwear range that will be launching at Next at the start of next year.

I love Davina - she's so bubbly and seems so normal and down to earth and reading her description of her range really brought home how she's just a normal woman like the rest of us, despite her celebrity status. She says : " My approach was to concentrate on what I would wear. I’ve thought very carefully about the details that matter to me, like a place for an MP3 player, or reflective strips on the bottoms – essential when you’re jogging in the early morning or at dusk. And I’ve ensured the workout tops are extremely solid and secure so your boobs won’t be bobbing around while you’re working out!”  This sounds absolutely ideal from a functional point of view but I wasn't expecting the range to be so jaw-droppingly beautiful when I went to look at it.


I love the colours on this vest top and the fact that - as pointed out by Davina herself - it looks like it should keep everything in place and stop the jiggles when you jump about ! The high-waisted workout pants are fab too, avoiding the "workman's bum" you're likely to get with lower cut leggings ! Funky and functional - who could ask for more ?



But Davina's range isn't limited to stuff you can wear to get sweaty in. She's also created a lovely selection of post workout pieces which combine comfort with effortless elegance. You may have a bright red sweaty face when walking out of the gym but at least you can have a well put together look clothes-wise ! I'd actually wear these any day of the week for lounging around the house, going shopping, picking the kids up from school -in fact, I'd even wear them in my job as a teacher. They look perfect for any occasion, not to mention extremely wearable, and the blue one even looks like it would hide a multitude of sins of the wobbly kind ! The woman's a genius !



Now, give me a pair of Louboutins and I'll take them or leave them but just one look at these absolutely gorgeous plimsolls and I let out a little squeal of delight ! I love the way they would go with any look - jeans or sportswear to and from the workout but also leggings, dresses and shorts in the summer. The silver ones are timelessly glamorous and the floral ones are very girly and fun, perfect for the warmer days in the spring and summer. The only problem is, Sophie has exactly the same size feet as me now (age 10 !!) and I just know that these would be forever magically finding their way into her shoe cupboard instead of mine !



But - just like their creator, who is not just a pretty face but also a shrewd businesswoman and talented presenter - the Davina range don't just look good. They feature clever design features too. Next explain : "Harnessing Next’s F.I.T. technology, Davina has developed a line of stylish everyday shoes that offer aspects of comfort, performance and muscle activation previously restricted to cumbersome sports footwear. Think cute, round-toe ballerinas in red and neon pink patent or animal print – and imagine a reduction in stress on load bearing joints thanks to NEXT’s dual density mid-sole technology. Other elegant city-smart flats are engineered to increase calf and hamstring activation by up to 12%. Canvas pumps, in metallic or pretty floral print, carry the promise of decreased heel impact. And Davina’s ultra-feminine trainers, embellished with bands of shimmering candy-bright colour, will exert 25% less pressure on the ball of the foot."

 You would never know to look at them that they are specially designed to work or protect your muscles - how clever is that ?!

Next are going to be picking some of their Blogger Network bloggers to try out and review some of the range and give progress reports through the month. That sounds like just the motivation I need to kickstart my New Year's resolutions after the Christmas period so fingers crossed I'm one of the lucky ones to get the chance !

for more information : http://www.next.co.uk/

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

2 comments:

  1. These look just the thing for my New Years resolution :) When I fall at the first hurdle I'll still have something fab to wear ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look just the thing for my New Years resolution :) When I fall at the first hurdle I'll still have something fab to wear ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...