Thursday 22 December 2011

Book review : Stalker In The Shadows - Camy Tang


I've only recently discovered Camy Tang's writing and have been totally won over by her blend of Asian exoticism, kick-ass female lead characters and wry sense of humour. She is a Christian author so all of her books carry a message of faith at some point, something I usually find off-putting, so I was surprised to find myself feeling moved by her understated scenes of devotion and trust in God in her writing. I laughed out loud at the award-winning Sushi For One? (reviewed here) and couldn't put down the fast-paced Protection For Hire (reviewed here). When the opportunity arose to review Stalker In The Shadows from Harlequin's Love Inspired Suspense range, I couldn't wait for my next Camy-fix !

As the title suggests, Stalker In The Shadows tells the tale of Monica Grant, a young nurse meeting resistance to her plans to open a free children's clinic in the form of death threats and a series of sinister photos of her from a stalker. But Monica isn't going to roll over and give up just because somebody wants her to and, enlisting the help of Shaun O' Neill, former Border Patrol guard, to look after her, the pair try to uncover who is stalking and threatening Monica, especially when it transpires that this same person may be the murderer of Shaun's sister several years before.

I love the interplay between the characters and the blossoming romantic interest despite their determination not to give in to it. Outwardly vulnerable Monica has hidden inner strength and apparently strong Shaun, who dedicated his whole career to protecting people, has an inner vulnerability so the two complement each other perfectly. Despite the evil stalker, it's a feel-good novel highlighting people's positive attitudes in the face of adversity and trusting in things turning out for the best.

It's a short book - only 215 pages - and I raced through the whole thing in two days, unable to tear myself away from the events unfolding on the page ! The Love Inspired Suspense novels are only on bookstore shelves for 30 days maximum so grab it quick before it's too late.

If you'd like to learn more about Camy Tang and her books, or if you're already a fan and want to spread the word, be sure to check out this blogpost here telling you all about her Street Team, where you can win free books and even gifts hand-knitted by Camy herself ! How cool is that ?!

star rating : 5/5

RRP : $5.75




Other reviews you may be interested in :

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the review, Cheryl! I'm so glad you liked the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always on the look-out for new crime-fiction! I love the genre, and am always looking for new authors! After having read this review, I will definitely be buying this and keeping it for one of my holiday reading books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...