Thursday 29 December 2011

Nestlé Ice Creams - only £1 for 4 !

Any of you bargain-hunters and money-savers out there have probably been doing exactly what I've just done today - gone through my money-off vouchers to see which ones need to be used by 31st December 2011 ! I discovered a few £1 off Nestlé ice cream vouchers so I took them along with us when we went to Tesco's.


I wasn't expecting to find anything costing a measly £1 so I was astounded to find not one but two products that cost just £1 for a box of four. Firstly Caramac Ice Cream Bars ...


... and secondly, Aero Bubbleballs, also costing £1 for a box of 4.


The Caramac bars remind me of Mars Ice Creams bars or choc ices. I haven't eaten a Caramac for absolutely years but the flavour tasted spot on, bringing back nostalgic memories of my childhood pocket money sweets !


All three Madhouse mini-testers had never heard of Caramac bars, let alone tasted the originals, but they all loved the creamy ice cream and caramel-flavoured chocolatey coating. I was impressed to see that they didn't melt as fast or cause as much of a mess as most other chocolate coated ice cream bars, especially given that Pierre pulled the wrapper straight off and held it directly in his hand.


Top marks for the taste and the price, but also for the number of calories, with each 60ml bar containing just 118 calories, which is great news after all the festive over-eating !


The Aero Bubbleballs were another slice of pure nostalgia for me because the plastic cone-shaped container with a ball of Aero Bubble choclate at the bottom reminded me of the Screwball ice creams (with a bubblegum ball at the bottom) that I used to love as a kid ! The kids loved the creamy chocolate and vanilla mousse scattered with pieces of chocolate (although it was hard to get them to wait for it to warm up a bit so that the mousse had a better texture !). Once again, I was astounded to see that these only contain 96 calories, which is amazingly low for such a delicious, indulgent treat and great news for those of us who have made new year's resolutions to lose weight or eat healthily !


Writing this review has also actually reminded me of Nestlé Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles Lollies which the Madhouse mini-testers all enjoyed eating over the summer and which also cost just £1 for a box of four.

If Christmas has left your purse (and even your bank balance) looking decidedly empty, it's great to know that there are such bargain-tastic choices out there to put a smile on your kids' faces for just pennies. The fact that they're low in calories so you can eat them guilt-free when the kids have gone to bed too is just an added bonus !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : currently £1 for 4 at Tesco's

Other reviews you may be interested in :

5 comments:

  1. Yummy! That's a good price for ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Caramac bars so I will definitely have to try the ice cream version and for that price I could buy loads, yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 3 year old has been begging me to make ice lollies for the last week and I have said it is too cold but reading this maybe I should let her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 3 year old has been begging me to make ice lollies for the last week and I have said it is too cold but reading this maybe I should let her!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...