Wednesday 14 December 2011

Myleene Klass Nails review


When I was asked by the lovely Jonathan at JML if I'd like to try out some Myleene Klass Nails, I have to admit I was expecting the same old same old. I've reviewed a few types of glue-on nails from the likes of Nailene and Revlon and thought they would be basically the same. I was therefore surprised when they arrived to see that they're not at all the same - they're totally flat stickers. Looking more closely, that's because these are nail wraps, not stick-on nails.

I wasn't sure how this would work in practise but I have to admit I've been pleasantly surprised. They're much simpler and more convenient to apply than acrylic glue-on nails because you don't have to worry about getting glue everywhere and there's no waiting around for the glue to dry. You literally peel them off, stick them on your nails, fold over the top  and use the enclosed emery board to file off the excess. You also get clear stickers to put on top of the patterned ones to give them extra gloss and protect them.

You get 24 nail wraps in a pack with various sizes, so that you can adapt the size of the wrap to the size of your nails. I actually found that if you have short nails, you can get away with cutting the long strips in half, which makes them great value. They can be used on finger and toe nails.

I admit that, as we got the funky zebra print nail wraps - a look that I couldn't pull off on an average day at work and that I wanted to keep for a special occasion - I've only had a play with a couple of nail wraps, just to see how I got on. I found them absolutely simple to apply but the top edge of the nail wrap was difficult to get totally smooth. I'm sure I'd be able to eliminate the rough edges with a bit of practise though.

The nail wraps look fantastic and give you an immediate touch of elegance to really finish off a special outfit. However, there is no way they'd last through a day of washing up, cleaning floors and the constant handwashing that comes with having a family to look after. I would therefore see these as a one night wonder for a special occasion rather than a more long-lasting nail art look.



The range of designs is fantastic with animal prints, floral patterns, hearts, polka dots and glittery effect nail wraps all available. You can get really funky, eye-catching designs that you would never manage at home while paying a fraction of the price that you would in a nail bar. They would be perfect for glamming up a Christmas or New Year party look and would make fabulous stocking fillers for teens.

Each pack of nail wraps usually retails at £5.99 but you can currently buy a special pack containing 5 different designs (so that's 120 nail wraps in total) with a bonus file and nail prep for £19.99 which would be fabulous for seeing you through the whole festive party season.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £5.99 for 1 pack (or £19.99 for 5 packs at JML)


Other reviews you may be interested in :

11 comments:

  1. I think these look fab will keep my out for them in the shops

    ReplyDelete
  2. the heart pattern is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do u take them off? just peal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they just peel off when you're fed up with them.

      Delete
  4. can you put clear nail varnish over them to make them last longer/stay on? i've had mine on for 3 hours and they're already peeling at the edges :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did say they would be good for a night out but not for scrubbing floors or doing the washing up !! You probably could put clear nail varnish over the top as a protector. Did you use the clear stickers over the top ? Which ones have you tried - the glittery ones might go a bit weird with an extra top coat but the "normal" patterened ones should be ok.

      Delete
  5. i got a pack to try today, just for a change. nice to treat yourself when your a busy mum. they're the animal print (black and white). They're not for a special occasion, just a change. will definitely be buying again though! love them. I'm going to order through JML as its very good prices but when i bought them today for £5.99 there was no clear ones to go over the top. i'll know for next time and mite give the clear nail varnish a go. Thanks for your quick reply. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm usually good with nails , but for some reason I can't get on with these. Glue don't seen strong enough

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bought 2packs today in savers for £1 a pack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im so cross. I paid £14 for 2 packets & I applied one one the packs. As soon as I put my hand in water the wraps floated off! Dont waste your money!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...