If you log on to twitter at about 5.30pm after a hard day at work, you can guarantee you'll see someone tweeting "Is it wine o' clock yet ?". A glass of something alcoholic and a giggle with the girls is all you need to unwind and regenerate. That's something the creator of the Bev Ridge (beverage !) and Friends brand has certainly understood !
As soon as I saw the packaging for the range, I knew it would be right up my street. The kitsch, vintage-style pictures and sassy, witty names already had me smiling before I even got to the products themselves. I love the way the brand is being marketed : “Gin soaked lady power has arrived in the form of Bev Ridge and Friends – a sensational retro styled collection of beauty and lifestyle products. Bev Ridge is all about wit, sarcasm, beauty and irony. The sassy brand message is dressed up in clash-tastic, mid century style code delivered with kitch-ass attitude.” It's perfect for women who don't take themselves too seriously and who always have a witty comeback or double-entendre up their sleeves, which sounds just like me !
The range, which is available at Heals and Debenhams stores across the country, includes:
- ‘Goodbye Chaps, Hello Boys!’ vanilla flavoured moisturising lip balm (£4)
- ‘I Do Bad Things’ faux leather coin purse (£6)
- ‘Talk To The Hand!’ Manicure Set, complete with scissors, tweezers, cuticle pusher, nail clippers, file and buffer (£8)
- ‘This Is What Gorgeous Looks Like’ Face Palette with six sumptuous eye shadows and two lip glosses (£8)
- ‘Distracted By Shiny Things’ Lip Gloss Trio with three pretty pastel glosses (£10)
- ‘Hey, Let’s Get Nailed!’ Nail Polish Collection – four nail polishes in classic shades (£10)
- ‘Let’s Be Honest, I’m Totally Hot’ Cosmetic Toiletry Bag – a large faux leather bag perfect for travel (£12)
- ‘Sure, Let Me File That Under Never!’ Hand Care Set – a cute tin with hand wash, hand cream and nail files (£14)
- ‘Say, Anyone Fancy A Dip?’ Bath Set – indulgent bath set with shower gel, body lotion, bath soak, body scrub and satin eye mask (£16)
I received the face palette and lip gloss trio to review and they're lovely products, guaranteed to make you smile when you put your make-up on and absolutely ideal as stocking fillers or secret Santa gifts for anyone from teens to middle-aged women with a sense of humour and an enthusiasm for all things kitsch and retro.
star rating : 4/5
RRP : from £4, see above for individual prices
Disclosure : I received a face palette and lip gloss trio in order to write an honest review.
Other reviews you may be interested in :