I've just been telling you about Duracell revealing that a staggering one third of alkaline batteries thrown away may still have up to 67% of usable power left inside.
To help put this to the test, they sent us all the ingredients needed for a Halloween party - including decorations, costumes and party games to play in the dark, made even spookier by using a torch, run by part-powered batteries that have been rescued from the recycling stream. To help prevent future batteries being sent to the recycling bin before their time is up, they also included a pack of Duracell Ultra with Powercheck. The unique built-in Powercheck technology is like having x-ray vision, allowing you to see the power left inside so you can squeeze out every last drop of available battery juice. It’s as simple as pressing the white circles on each side of the battery and the gauge will indicate how much power is left.
They have also offered to provide an extra Duracell Halloween party kit to give away to one Madhouse Family Reviews reader.
To be in with a chance of winning, just do the following :
- Watch the video of the Second Life bunny sculpture here and answer the question : How many LEDs were used to build the Bunny sculpture?
- Comment on one of my blogposts (other giveaways don't count !)
- Leave me a comment in the comments box with a way of contacting you (twitter name or email) and tell me which of my blogposts you commented on.
You can do any or all of the following for bonus entries - just make sure you leave me one comment per entry so that they're all counted !
(1) Follow me on twitter (@cherylp59) and tweet about my competition. You can use the handy retweet button over in my side bar (feel free to shorten it if necessary) or write your own tweet but make sure you copy in @cherylp59 so I can track this.
(2) Like "Madhouse Family Reviews" on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MadhouseFamilyReviews) and leave me a message on my wall
(3) I love reading your comments so leave me some extra comments on my other blogposts (maximum 5 - other giveaways don't count !) and I'll give you a bonus entry for each one. Just remember to leave me a comment here each time to tell me you've done so.
(4) Subscribe to my blog by email (near the top of the right-hand sidebar) so that all the new posts pop into your inbox in a handy digest every morning
(5) click on the google +1 button over in my sidebar and/or add me as a friend on google+
(6) add a +k klout point to @cherylp59 on Klout and tell me which category you added it to
(7) Follow my blog with Google Friends Connect (over in the right hand side bar)
UK only. Closing date : 25/10/12
Please note, you will be contacted by email and/or twitter. If I haven't heard from you after a week, I'll have to pick another winner.
Other giveaways you may be interested in :