Monday 26 January 2015

Madhouse recipe : Scrambled Eggs à la Niçoise #happyeggtastemakers


As a Happy Egg blogger, I recently received a voucher for a box of Happy Eggs and an invitation to take part in a Super Scrambled Eggs challenge. I needed to come up with a recipe of my own, incorporating :
- A vegetable (e.g. onion, tomato) or source of fish/meat (e.g. salmon, bacon)
- A herb or spice (e.g. chives, paprika)
- A surprise ingredient of my choosing

I had a little think and decided to add in a little bit of globe-cooking inspiration, finally deciding on an eggy version of salade Niçoise. I wasn't sure how it would work with scrambled eggs but figured that the original has hard-boiled eggs in, so it's not too crazy an idea ! It was actually very nice and was a perfect Sunday evening supper.

Scrambled Eggs à la Niçoise


ingredients :

2 eggs
a little milk
a knob of butter
cooked green beans
a tin of tuna, drained
an onion, finely chopped
herbes de Provence, salt, pepper, smoked paprika
1tbsp capers

to serve :
tortilla wrap
tomato wedges

Beat the eggs and mix in the milk,

Heat the butter in a frying pan and start to cook the onion, then add the eggs and cook, stirring until they start to go firm.

Add the tuna and green beans and heat through, stirring.


Season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and herbes de Provence. Scatter over the capers. (I would have loved to add juicy black olives but I was all out of them.)

Serve with toast or in a tortilla wrap with tomato wedges.

Disclosure ; This is my entry for the Happy Eggs Super Scrambled Eggs challenge. I received a voucher for some eggs.

For more Super Scrambled Egg ideas, you might like to check out :

Galina's Italian-style Scrambled Eggs
Wendy's Smoky Chipotle Scrambled Eggs
Alison's Brunch Scrambled Eggs

2 comments:

  1. I love Nicoise, and would never have guessed to turn it into a scrambled eggs dish, a super idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam Francis Gregory26 January 2015 at 20:06

    Super simple idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...