I haven't made cookies for a while but when I saw this recipe containing not just chocolate chips but also a crushed up Crunchie bar, I knew they would be a big hit. I used half measures but with hindsight, should have made more because they disappeared in record time !
Chocolate Chip & Honeycomb Cookies
Makes: About 18 cookies
Cooking time: About 12 minutes
Oven temperature: 180°C, 350°F, Gas mark 4
125g (4.5oz) Butter, softened
200g (7oz) Soft light brown sugar
3 the happy egg co. eggs
150g (5oz) Plain flour
2.5ml (½tsp) Baking powder
50g (2oz) Plain chocolate, cut into chunks
75g (3oz) Pecan nuts, roughly broken (I left these out)
2 Honeycomb chocolate bars eg crunchie bars – roughly chopped
Extra pecan nuts & honeycomb chocolate pieces for decorating
1. In a large bowl mix together butter, sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder. Add the chopped chocolate, pecans and honeycomb, mix until thoroughly combined. Cover with clingfilm and chill for 30 – 60 minutes until firm.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas mark 4. Line 4 baking trays with non-stick baking parchment.
3. Place a dessertspoon of the cookie mixture on to the baking trays, leaving plenty of space between each biscuit as they will spread – cook about 4 cookies per tray. (Put the mixture back in the fridge between each baking batch)
4. Bake for about 12 minutes until just starting to brown on the edges – the cookies are slightly crunchy on the edges & soft & spongy in the middle
5. Remove from the oven and carefully, while still warm, push extra pieces of pecan nut and honeycomb into each biscuit.
6. Let the cookies cool on the trays. When cool remove from tray & eat – store in an air tight cookie jar.
Credit: This delicious recipe was made using happy eggs. The happy egg co. are committed to providing the highest possible standard of welfare for their hens, with the belief that happier hens lay tastier eggs. For more mouth-watering recipes, visit www.thehappyegg.co.uk
Happy eggs but also Happy Madhouse kids !