Saturday, 24 January 2015

Globe-cooking recipe : Deep fried ice cream (Turkey)

I thought it was a joke when I saw this on the menu at the Chinese-themed restaurant in our hotel in Kusadasi (so I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a Chinese or a Turkish dish - I'm guessing they just made it up themselves !)

I asked the waitress how they made it and she explained that they take cornflakes and crush them up, use that to coat a scoop of ice cream then deep fry it.

They served it drizzled with honey. It was OK and it certainly had novelty value (it's a bit like the Turkish version of a deep fried Mars Bar, I suppose !) but it's not something I'd choose again.

*** Don't miss my country-by-country globecooking recipe index ! ***
Other Turkish dishes that I've tried include BaklavaGözleme and Turkish Kofte Meatballs


  1. That sounds rather yummy, kind of like those ice cream doughnuts. I'm guessing not the best on the waist line but I'd definitely order them if I was having a night out.

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

  2. Ice cream doughnits? I've obviously been missing out on something !

    1. I haven't officially tried them, my parents raved about them, I think some supermarkets have frozen version but I doubt they aren't as good as anything freshly made.

  3. wow this is amazing

  4. Wow I never actually believed there was such thing as "fried ice cream" lol I just heard of it this morning and decided to check it out. Well I don't know much about cooking outside the Papa's cooking games website but i'll definately give this recipe a try.